Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Awards > Erasing an award that is incorrectly named and almost empty

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David (dpcossio) | 27 comments Greatings,

I am completing the list of one of the most prestigious awards in Spain for novels in Galician language, the Premio da critica de narrativa galega:

https://www.goodreads.com/award/show/...

However, somebody in the past started to compile a similar list, although with another name. It was abandonned with only 4 books and named incorrectly.

Can anybody please elliminate this award? Here is the link to be erased:

https://www.goodreads.com/award/show/...

Thank you in advance!!

David.

message 2: by David (last edited May 30, 2017 05:03AM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments To remove an award click edit from the award page, and you'll have an option "delete this award" at the bottom. I think every librarian can do that.
I suggest you first complete the corrected award list.

message 3: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited May 30, 2017 09:33AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6559 comments David wrote: "Greatings,

I am completing the list of one of the most prestigious awards in Spain for novels in Galician language, the Premio da critica de narrativa galega:

https://www.goodreads.com/award/sh..."

If the books on the award are correct, all you'll need to do is edit the name of the award to the correct name. Deleting the award will erase all of those linked titles.

Edit: I did this one.

message 4: by David (new)

David (dpcossio) | 27 comments Thank you to both of you. I hadn't seen the erase award possibilty.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6559 comments David wrote: "Thank you to both of you. I hadn't seen the erase award possibilty."

If the award is a valid award, you shouldn't delete it, but instead rename it.

message 6: by David (new)

David (dpcossio) | 27 comments Of course, Elizaberh. what happened to me is that I realized that thw award was already existing (with 4 books and a slightly different name) when I had almost completed my list.

D.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6559 comments David wrote: "Of course, Elizaberh. what happened to me is that I realized that thw award was already existing (with 4 books and a slightly different name) when I had almost completed my list.

D."

Yes, but you asked for a valid award to be deleted, David said you could just delete it, and that is the wrong action.

message 8: by David (new)

David (dpcossio) | 27 comments I see. The problem has been that when I looked for the award in the list, I didn't find it because it was named incorrectly. I discoveres it when I saw one of the books to be put in my list with an award that I identified as the same I was doing.

As you will understand, when my list has 30 books awarded and the list I requested to erased had only 4... well, I prefered to request to erase the first one. If the number of books had been very big, I would have thought on merging both lists, if this is possible.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6559 comments David, I merged the lists. I did not delete the one with 4 books as they were valid award winners. Merging is the correct action.