Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Brighton Rock / The Power And The Glory / The Heart Of The Matter
Page Numbering Requests > page number needs correction for this edition

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue | 33 comments B00ABY7ZZ8

Total page number is shown as 306.

Actual page number is 959 pages; 358 for Brighton Rock, 295 for The Power and the Glory, 306 for The Heart of the Matter. There is also an introduction to The Power and The Glory using Roman numerals to xviii. Not sure if that needs to be added in or not. This edition numbers each book separately but I arrived at 959 by adding the individual totals, not including the introduction.
Thanks for your assistance.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22706 comments Roman numerals are not included in page counts.

Removed the ASIN which is a re-seller number for the paperback edition.

However another edition by a different publisher gives page count as 764.

How did you determine the page count of 959 as Amazon doesn't give one? Do you have the book and does it have an ISBN?

message 3: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue | 33 comments I literally counted the totals of the three books in this collection. I kept the Roman numerals pages separate because I wasn't sure about them. I do have the book. I can't find an ISBN on the book, but it says specially created in 1991 for Quality Paperback Book Club (by arrangement with Viking Penguin. Then at the end it says This edition copyright 1991 by Book of the Month Club.

I hope this helps in some way. I took the ASIN from the edition I found listed for the QPBC since I had nothing else to work with. If it doesn't fit, feel free to remove it. It's not on my copy of the book.

message 4: by Sandra (last edited May 29, 2017 09:36PM) (new)

Sandra | 22706 comments Well in that case we can use the page numbers as you have the book.

What sort of cover art does it have? Can you copy it or even photograph it?

message 5: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue | 33 comments Sandra wrote: "Well in that case we can use the page numbers as you have the book.

What sort of cover art does it have? Can you copy it or even photograph it?"

I'll see if I can scan it or take a photo of it. It's quite a simple cover: a photo of Greene with his signature and the titles of the 3 books. I will have to do this in the morning since it's late right now. I'll get to this tomorrow morning.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22706 comments Whenever you can is fine.

Just add it to your profile and I or another librarian will grab it, when you let us know its there, and when done you can delete it :)

message 7: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue | 33 comments Thank you. And thanks for the update to this book as I see that it is done.

message 8: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue | 33 comments Sandra wrote: "Whenever you can is fine.

Just add it to your profile and I or another librarian will grab it, when you let us know its there, and when done you can delete it :)"

Sandra, I just added a photo of the cover to my profile. It's not perfect but I think it's pretty good.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22706 comments Thanks Sue, I've uploaded it. You can delete it from your profile if you wish. :)

message 10: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue | 33 comments Sandra wrote: "Thanks Sue, I've uploaded it. You can delete it from your profile if you wish. :)"

Thank you Sandra.