Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Adjustment (The Program, #5)
This topic is about The Adjustment
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Adjustment (The Program #3), by Suzanne Young → Start Date: August 8th, 2017

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kikijanika (last edited May 29, 2017 03:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Please join Vicki and me in reading this newest book in the Program series :)

message 2: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I've been wanting to read this one for a LONG time!!

Thanks, Kiki!

Kikijanika | 2936 comments YES! I love the program series!

Kikijanika | 2936 comments What's your schedule with this one Vicki? I'm in the middle of quite many books so I haven't started it yet. But I can start anyway depending on your schedule.

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I think I was planning to start 8/8

Does that work for you guys??

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Yes that works fine for me! Great to have you join us!

message 7: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh my goodness, I'm glad you changed the date because I totally forgot about this one and didn't have it on my calendar anywhere! LOL

message 8: by Kikijanika (last edited Aug 02, 2017 01:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Haha ☺ It's good we changed it then.

message 9: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Isn't that the truth! LOL

message 10: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kiki, can you wait to read this until after August 19? I am going on a one week vacation and I can't check out the book until I get back.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Sure. I can wait. I own the book so it doesn't really make a difference to me :) How about you Trisha?

message 12: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see your name up there, Trisha! By all means if you need to read it sooner you two can go on without me. But I can't take the book because it's a Link+ one and they only allow me five and I'm at my limit. Then I have to check them out within 10 days so I have two that I have to pick up today or lose.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments I can wait. It's not a problem 😀

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments no worries, I think I'll start but I'll be here when you get here to chat again (and, of course, I'll post updates :D) but I think I plan to finish some books tomorrow and

I've had some major dud books lately and I'd like to grab one I really think I'll love so I'm hoping to start this one tomorrow!

message 15: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No worries Trisha. In fact in another thread I told you a little bit about what happened at the library today but the other part I did not tell you is that their computers were down and so they went ahead and loaned me my link plus books so I was able to get this one also. So I will try to start it tomorrow as well and hopefully Kiki can too.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Sure. I'll start tomorrow, too!

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments That's so frightening about your library!! Those poor librarians!! I hope everyone is okay!

That's great that they still let you check out the Link+ books. My library is just plain old boring and full of books! lol not nearly the adventure and Link+ resource yours is :D

message 18: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha wrote: "That's so frightening about your library!! Those poor librarians!! I hope everyone is okay!

That's great that they still let you check out the Link+ books. My library is just plain old boring and ..."

LOL I'm a bit anxious to get back and see how she (Marnie) is doing.
Hope ypur library gets less boring somehow!

message 19: by Kikijanika (last edited Aug 15, 2017 06:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kikijanika | 2936 comments I just finished part 1. I just love to be back in this world. I ended up ignoring a bunch of my other goals for the day and just reading this one.

I feel so bad for (view spoiler)

I think something happened (view spoiler)

I'm curious about (view spoiler)

message 20: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kiki, I am really confused. On GR this book shows as book 3 in the series, but when I opened the book to read it, it says it's book 5. So if I haven't read The Remedy (The Program, #0.5) by Suzanne Young or The Epidemic (The Program, #0.6) by Suzanne Young do you think I should still read this one or would it be better to read the other two first? They aren't listed as 3 and 4 on GR but as 0.05 and 0.06 I think. I don't know what I should do.

message 21: by Kikijanika (last edited Aug 17, 2017 07:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kikijanika | 2936 comments The remedy and The epidemic are actually prequels. They take place before the suicide epidemic started and they have different characters as well. I don't think it matters you haven't read them. I haven't read the Epidemic either. Those books tell the story of how the suicide epidemic started in the first place.

message 22: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Kiki. Maybe I'll go ahead & start it then.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Yay :)

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I just finished

Part 1 too

and I got goosebumps from that last line. EEEE!!!

Wes(view spoiler)

Tatum(view spoiler)

Nathan(view spoiler)

Jana(view spoiler)

The Adjustment(view spoiler)

message 25: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I love this one so far

You definitely don't have to have read the other two Vicki!!
You should be able to jump right in. There is a lot of backstory interwoven into the new story and should remind you all about the other books! :)

message 26: by Kikijanika (last edited Aug 23, 2017 05:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kikijanika | 2936 comments I finished part 2.

There is definitely (view spoiler)

That (view spoiler)

Oh my God...(view spoiler)

I'm glad Wes (view spoiler)

message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I can't wait to click those spoilers

the fact that one starts with Oh my God makes me want to click it!! LOL

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Heheh...that always makes things sound interesting 😁

message 29: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Kikijanika wrote: "I finished part 2.

ME too. WOW!

There is definitely (view spoiler)

That (view spoiler)

Oh my God..(view spoiler)

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Part III Through Chapter 5

If you've read this, you know why I'm posting now!! lol

OMG!!!(view spoiler)

and(view spoiler)

Kikijanika | 2936 comments I was also thinking (view spoiler)

I haven't started part III yet but now I definitely must! Seems like something interesting is about to happen!

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments and I'm done

I can't wait for you to finish it!!

I didn't(view spoiler)

I didn't(view spoiler)

and(view spoiler)

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Yay! I hope to finish in a couple of days! This is so good I'd juts like to read it but I need to read some other books as well. By the way, are you reading the Iron cast? I've only read 2 chapters so far. haven't had time to concentrate on it yet.

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Part 3 chapter 5.

Yes! You remember correctly! I (view spoiler)

This is really starting to look bad. (view spoiler)

I still wonder (view spoiler)

message 35: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Kikijanika wrote: "Part 3 chapter 5.

Yes! You remember correctly! I [spoilers removed]"

Yes but it's been a while!!! (view spoiler)

message 36: by Kikijanika (last edited Aug 27, 2017 02:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kikijanika | 2936 comments I finished.

The ending was great. (view spoiler)

I also think(view spoiler)

I knew (view spoiler)

I'm still not sure I believe (view spoiler)

This was so good! I definitely need to read the Epidemic next!

message 37: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments YAY!! I'm so glad you loved it!!

I love this series!! I can't wait for the next one

The Epidemic was great!! I hope you love it!!

Kikijanika | 2936 comments Probably will. I've loved all the books in this series so far!