Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)
This topic is about Falling Kingdoms
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms #1), by Morgan Rhodes → Start Date: July 1st, 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Join me and Vicki as we read the first book of the Falling Kingdoms series :)

message 2: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm excited to start this series!

Thanks for making the thread.

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Me too!

message 4: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle | 451 comments I might just join you guys for this one. I've been wanting to read it for so long. Maybe this can be my excuse to pick up a copy!

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Great Michelle! Welcome :)

Sarah I seem to like your guys' taste in books :)

If I get a copy of this between now and then, I'd like to join in too.

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Yay! Welcome :)

Sarah Kikijanika wrote: "Yay! Welcome :)"

message 9: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 105 comments I would love to join in :)
Wanting to read this for a really long time...

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Great. Welcome Sundara!

message 11: by Sundara (new)

Sundara Gandhi (bookaholictalks) | 105 comments Thanks Kikijanika :)

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Great to have you join us ☺

(Liene) (lieniitte) | 727 comments I'm just going to follow this discussion, as I love this series so much! :)

message 14: by Kelsie (new) - added it

Kelsie (kelsiecj) Hey hope I can join in! I really have been wanting to read this!

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Sure you can :)

Eunice I'd like to join in too! I've been wanting to read this for a long time.

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Awesome..so many of us already ☺

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Are you ready to start this? I'll be starting tomorrow ☺

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments I'm going to join this buddy read and I'm going to start the book right now. :)

Sarah I'm hoping to get started on this tomorrow! I was able to get it from the library :)

Eunice I'll try to start this today or tomorrow

message 22: by Katriann (last edited Jul 03, 2017 05:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments I have now read 16 chapters and here are some of my thoughts.

I really like this book so far! (view spoiler)

I hate (view spoiler)

I wonder if (view spoiler)

I don't know why (view spoiler)

Kikijanika | 2979 comments I still haven't started actually but I will today.

Kikijanika | 2979 comments I'm done with chapter 10.

I seriously (view spoiler)

I bet (view spoiler)

I read how (view spoiler)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Yes, (view spoiler)

I actually never (view spoiler)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments 25 chapters

Okay, I wonder if (view spoiler)

It seems like (view spoiler)

Well, I did not see (view spoiler)

Sarah I'm only about 50 pages in but this is really not doing it for me so far. I'm hoping it gets better.

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Chapter 20.

I also wonder whether (view spoiler)

Quite a coincidense that (view spoiler)

I agree that (view spoiler)

I hope you'll like the book better as it progresses Sarah. But you can't like all the books, can you? At least you've then tried this series ☺

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm only about 50 pages in but this is really not doing it for me so far. I'm hoping it gets better."

Yes, let's hope you'll like it better when you read a little more. :)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments @Kikijanika, (view spoiler)

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Yeah. That's possible.

message 32: by Kikijanika (last edited Jul 08, 2017 09:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Yeah... (view spoiler)

message 33: by Kikijanika (last edited Jul 09, 2017 09:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kikijanika | 2979 comments I finished and I think this was a good book.

I knew the (view spoiler)

It'll be interesting to see what's gonna happen in the next book!

message 34: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sorry guys, but my book still hasn't arrived and I am leaving for Hawaii in the morning and I won't possibly be able to start this until the 16th. I wish I could buy EVERY book so I don't run into this problem!

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Yeah, I know the feeling! Hope you'll have a great time in Hawaii!

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Hopefully you'll get the book after your trip Vicki! And have a great time in Hawaii! :)

message 37: by Katriann (last edited Jul 09, 2017 04:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments I also finished.

I liked this book a lot and will definitely read the next one when I get a chance.

@Kikijanika (view spoiler)

I wonder what (view spoiler)

Interesting that Cleo (view spoiler)

message 38: by Kikijanika (last edited Jul 09, 2017 05:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Yeah, the thought of (view spoiler)

Sarah A little over a hundred pages in. Still just not feeling this one.
I just don't feel like I'm connecting to the characters. Maybe its the style, maybe its the characters, maybe its me. Not usre.

Going to give it a couple more chapters and hope it improves.

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Hope it gets better for you but if not then hopefully you find something better next ☺

message 41: by Sarah (last edited Jul 13, 2017 10:07AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sarah I've made it to chapter 16 and now it is finally getting interesting for me!
Hopefully it will go faster now that I'm getting into it more.
Thanks for encouraging me to stick with it, Kikijanika and Katriann!

But at this point I think Cleo needs a good whack upside the head with some common sense!

Kikijanika | 2979 comments Haha..yeah. She wasn't the most sensible person! But I'm glad you find the story better now!

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments Yes, Cleo can be a bit annoying at times. :D

message 44: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Hey everybody, I FINALLY got my book so I'll be starting this one today or maybe tomorrow.

I'm glad to see you loved it, Katriann and Kiki. I hope Sarah and I do too!

Sarah Finished this today.

It got better but in the end was just an ok read for me.

Cleo annoyed me until the end. Certain things were just a little too convenient to work for me (view spoiler)
I may try to continue with this series at some point, but it won't be soon.
This is the third book I've read lately that was just meh for me. Hoping the next book I try works out better for me.

message 46: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Good luck Sarah.

Sarah Vicki wrote: "Good luck Sarah."

Thanks, Vicki!
I just seem to be in one of those slumps where nothing really seems to be what I want, but I can't figure out exactly what it is I want. It is very annoying!

message 48: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I've definitely been there!

Kikijanika | 2979 comments I agree that some things were quite convinient for the story. Hope you like your next book better.

message 50: by Katriann (last edited Jul 19, 2017 01:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2190 comments I agree. It was a bit of a coincident how (view spoiler)

« previous 1