Audio-Bibliophiles discussion

The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
This topic is about The Queen and the Cure
Promotions & Free Stuff > Help us cast the perfect narrator-- VOTE! -- http://novelnarrators.com/

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Novel Audio (novelaudio) | 3 comments Hey Audio-Bibliophiles!

We’re looking to experienced readers and listeners like yourself to help us cast the perfect narrator for our upcoming audiobook The Queen and the Cure by Amy Harmon.

We’re a super small but passionate audiobook publisher that truly just wants to make this the most magical audiobook ever!

Let us know, who do you most want to hear tell this enchanting story?

1. Please visit http://novelnarrators.com/
2. Listen to the audio samples
3. Select your favorite reader

We really value your opinion and would love to have your input. Please feel free to share the link however you like.
Voting ends June 1st. One vote per day per person. Share your vote on Twitter or Facebook for a chance to cast an extra vote! #CastingKjell

message 2: by Kathy (last edited May 29, 2017 05:56PM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 117 comments I listen to audiobooks all the time. While your samples are good, they do not provide enough narration of these men's ability to perform in a female voice or in a variety of different female voices.

Novel Audio (novelaudio) | 3 comments Kathy wrote: "I listen to audiobooks all the time. While your samples are good, they do not provide enough narration of these men's ability to perform in a female voice or in a variety of different female voices."

Hi Kathy,

Unfortunately, when doing a casting call, you can only ask for a 5-10 minute read for each audition since the reader does not get paid for it. The sample we used has some different voices-the main character, an older man, a woman- so hopefully that's enough to be able to tell who would suit this book. Also, we do want there to be SOME surprise once the audiobook comes out :) Believe me, all of these narrators are awesome and no matter who wins, we'll be very happy with the results.

Happy listening!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 117 comments Novel Audio wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I listen to audiobooks all the time. While your samples are good, they do not provide enough narration of these men's ability to perform in a female voice or in a variety of different..."

Thanks for your comments. The narrator for the previous book was female. Why are only male narrators part of this selection?

Novel Audio (novelaudio) | 3 comments Kathy wrote: "Novel Audio wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I listen to audiobooks all the time. While your samples are good, they do not provide enough narration of these men's ability to perform in a female voice or in a ..."

Hey Kathy,

We love The Bird and the Sword's narration and would have, of course, gone with Trina Nishimura again if it had been suitable. This second book in the series is actually from a totally different character's perspective (Kjell, brother of King Tiras), so the author wanted to go with a male reader. Hope that answers your question!