Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

General > The Internet Speculative Fiction Database

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine McCann | 482 comments I just wanted to share this phenomenal resource for anyone into scifi, fantasy, horror, and weird fiction. You can look up any author, book, story, essay, etc. and get a comprehensive list of the relevant work: http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi

This has been huge for me in figuring out where to find short stories. Now I can search for a story and see all the collections it's in, so I know what actual book to request from the library.

I also love that I can look up anthologies and get a complete list of the contents. Sometimes it can be really hard to find the full table of contents without having the actual book in hand!

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Unauthorized Cinnamon wrote: "I just wanted to share this phenomenal resource for anyone into scifi, fantasy, horror, and weird fiction. You can look up any author, book, story, essay, etc. and get a comprehensive list of the r..."

Thank you for sharing! This is just what I have been looking for and didn't even know it!

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine McCann | 482 comments Kayla wrote: "Unauthorized Cinnamon wrote: "I just wanted to share this phenomenal resource for anyone into scifi, fantasy, horror, and weird fiction. You can look up any author, book, story, essay, etc. and get..."

I'm so glad - the only "problem" is that you can go down a click hole and wind up with a dozen new TBRs!

message 4: by Fannie (new)

Fannie D'Ascola | 418 comments I will look into this also. Thanks!

message 5: by Nadine in NY (new)

Nadine in NY Jones | 5908 comments Mod
looks good!

message 6: by Ninna (new)

Ninna | 20 comments This is great!! I have a website I love that does this for mystery books but always wanted one for sci-fi and fantasy. I have issues keeping some of the series straight when it's years between books or know where to begin if I want to try I new author/series. This is AWESOME! Thanks bunches!! :-)