Bookish Kingdom discussion

Challenges > Readathon

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 192 comments Mod
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if people would like to join in for a readathon somewhere in June or the beginning of July (a readathon is basically reading as much as you can in 24 hours or as much as you feel comfortable with)

message 2: by Ilsen (new)

Ilsen Leon | 768 comments Mod
YESSS

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica It would depend on if I'm free that day or not, but if I am absolutely!!

message 4: by Bonita (new)

Bonita I'm in if Becky the Bookworm provides snacks!

message 5: by Cordelianne (new)

I am fine with whatever day would fit for you!

message 6: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (goodreadscomayla) | 655 comments Mod
Such a cool idea! I've always wanted to do a readathon :) 8 or 9 July would be perfect for me, or basically any day from then on (I'm expecting to be free from school then)

message 7: by Ramona (new)

Ramona (monakersch) | 6 comments That sounds fun! Depending on what day of the week you decide on, I'd love to join!

message 8: by Cordelianne (new)

8 or 9 July would be perfect for me as well. Would everybody be okay with that? And any preference between Saturday and Sunday?

message 9: by Ayla (last edited Jun 20, 2017 06:16AM) (new)

Cordelianne wrote: "8 or 9 July would be perfect for me as well. Would everybody be okay with that? And any preference between Saturday and Sunday?"

I might have a big test for school the next week, but I'm not sure yet...
If not, I'd love to participate. Is it a 24-hour readathon? Cause then we could read on both days, for example from 12:00 (midday) on Saturday till 12:00 (midday) on Sunday :) (Of course you can sleep in between then, if you want to)

message 10: by Ilsen (new)

Ilsen Leon | 768 comments Mod
I'm fine with July 8 or 9

message 11: by Erica (new)

Erica I'm away on those days, so unfortunately I can't do it. Maybe next time :)

message 12: by Bec (new)

Bec (_becandbooks) | 473 comments I love readathons but may have to skip this one. Weekends at the moment are work and finally catching up with the boyfriend.

message 13: by Regsly (new)

Regsly | 948 comments Mod
I wish I could join this, but I'm so busy right now. :(
It's a wonder I've managed to read as much as I have this month...

message 14: by Cordelianne (new)

So 8 July 12:00 (midday) till 8 July 12:00 (midday). Shall we make another folder for this or just do it here?

message 15: by Ayla (new)

Cordelianne wrote: "So 8 July 12:00 (midday) till 8 July 12:00 (midday). Shall we make another folder for this or just do it here?"

Maybe make this thread a Q&A thread for the readathon and open another one for discussing the readathon itself :)

message 16: by Ayla (new)

Hey! Unfortunately I won't be able to participate upcoming weekend, since I'll have a big test for school the week after :(