THE Group for Authors! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General Discussion > Someone else is credited for my book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Cole (less-stuff) | 5 comments Goodreads thinks another Lisa Cole wrote this. What should I do to change it please. I've contacted the other one but is there something else I can do? Thank you!

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 332 comments Best place to ask for book help is in the GR librarians group

Providing a link to the book or even the title helps that way a librarian can move the book

You dont have a author profile but a user on

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Cole (less-stuff) | 5 comments sorry! I thought I had put a title in when I wrote the post, it just didn't show up.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Cole (less-stuff) | 5 comments I thought I needed to claim a book as mine before I could change my profile into an author one?

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Cole (less-stuff) | 5 comments I followed these instructions:
Follow these steps to apply for the Author Program:

Sign in or create an account, and then search for your most popular book via ISBN, ASIN, or title.
On the book, click on your author name. Scroll to the bottom of your author profile page.
Click “Is this you? Let us know!” to complete and submit the application.

So when I go to click on my author name, it goes to someone else, so I can't get any further than step 1.

message 6: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 108 comments Lisa wrote: "I followed these instructions:

Sign in or create an account, and then search for your most popular book via ISBN, ASIN, or title.
On the book..."

Try the Goodreads Librarian Group, Lisa - they can sort out most problems. Good luck.

message 7: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 108 comments Lisa wrote: "I followed these instructions:

On the book..."

Here's the link to the Librarian Group (see my previous comment) https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 8: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Thanks so much for the help here, Paula and Loretta!

Lisa, it looks like your book has already been disambiguated from any other titles, so I've gone ahead and added you to the Author Program. You should receive a welcome email shortly.

For future reference, all requests for changes to book or author pages should be requested in the Librarians Group, which Loretta kindly linked above.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Cole (less-stuff) | 5 comments fantastic! thank you so much for your help, that is brilliant!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.