2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Lieke's reading plan - June 2017

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lieke (last edited Jun 29, 2017 10:57AM) (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments ✔ ☞

2-3-4 Challenge / Around the year in 52 books
Het domein van de Limbreth by Megan Lindholm
A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab

2-3-4 Challenge
Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
The Keeping Place by Isobelle Carmody

Around the year in 52 books
Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are? by Frans de Waal

FF Challenge

Unplanned
An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell
Makkelijk leven by Herman Koch
Rusland voor gevorderden by Jelle Brandt Corstius
Afrekening by Cate Tiernan
Lotsbestemming by Cate Tiernan
Nachtkind by Cate Tiernan
The Trouble With Valentine's Day by Rachel Gibson (reread)

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) I hope you enjoy A Conjuring of Light, Lieke. I'm also planning to read it soon so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think.

message 3: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Thanks! I'm looking forward to continue the series, the book is a lot thicker then book 1 and 2 :)

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Enjoy Definitely Dead. Have a great month Lieke.

message 5: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Thank you Angela! :)

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4296 comments Mod
Hope you have a good month, Lieke!

message 7: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Thanks Lauren! :)

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Have a great reading month, Lieke. I've read the first two books in V.E. Schwab's Shades of Magic trilogy. I need to make time for reading the last book.

message 9: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Thank you Veronica! I have seen some good reviews about the book so I'm looking forward to reading it.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments Enjoy your books!

message 11: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Thanks Laura!

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10939 comments Mod
Have a great reading month, Lieke!

message 13: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Have a great month Lieke!

message 14: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Thank you Jonetta and Tracey!

message 15: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments First book of the month is done Het domein van de Limbreth by Megan Lindholm (Robin Hobb). Only one more book left in the series, and it is getting better with each book Hopefully that will continue. This book revealed a bit more about Ki's past.

message 16: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments I finished the book I read in bed An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell. Not my favorite by her, the relationship between the main character and her love interest Didn't feel real. I did like the side characters and their relationships a lot so I still gave it 3 stars.

message 17: by Lieke (last edited Jun 14, 2017 12:50AM) (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Last week I finished:
Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
Another fun book in the series but book 4 and 5 where my favorites until now. I liked to learn more about Quinn, but I want to read more about Sam.
I don't have book 7 so not sure if I will continue this series this year.

Makkelijk leven by Herman Koch
A free thin book that started good, but I didn't like the end.

Yesterday I finished A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab, the third and last book in the series. I liked it a lot and thought is was a good end to the series, but there are still a lot of opportunities for new series in this world.

message 18: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Today I read Afrekening (Reckoning, Sweep #13) by Cate Tiernan.
I started reading this series many years ago, but never finished it. They are easy but fun books.

message 19: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments And book 14 in the Sweep series Lotsbestemming I read today. Only one book left in the series.

message 20: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Today I finished reading book 15 in the Sweep series Nachtkind. With this book I finished a series, finished my GR challenge (not sure if I will put a new number in or just will continue to read) and I finished a challenge for myself: to read at least 50 books that I already owned before 2017.
I'm feeling very good now ;) :)

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1355 comments I started the Sweep series years ago and never finished it either. At this point I'll probably have to just start over.

message 22: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments I just continued and hoped it would come back, there was a bit of repetition in the books so it did come back a little bit.
But they are so easy to read I might reread the first 12 books later this year.

message 23: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Yesterday I finished reading Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are? by Frans de Waal. A very interesting non-fiction book, about how our knowledge about animals has changed and especially how the thinking within science has changed.

message 24: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments This weekend I reread The Trouble With Valentine's Day by Rachel Gibson, I needed something easy and fun to read :)