Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > new edition with same cover of original book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rico (last edited May 29, 2017 06:59AM) (new)

Rico Martha (ricomartha) | 4 comments Hi, I just wanna ask something here. I'm sorry if my question was already mentioned before. But I just want to make clear.
I know that a new edition of specific book should be added if it has a different cover with the original one. My question is, if the original is republish some years later but still with the same cover and content, should I add a new book with different time published or I just use the original one and add to my shelf?
I just found some books that have same cover and number of pages but with different date published has been recorded as the different edition. I'm just a little confused with that. I think that's enough. I'll wait the answer patiently.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22739 comments No we don't add reprints if there is nothing new except the date published.

message 3: by Rico (new)

Rico Martha (ricomartha) | 4 comments Sandra wrote: "No we don't add reprints if there is nothing new except the date published."

So, if the date is different but anything else is same with the original, we can add a new edition? alright. thanks for your answer :)

message 4: by David (last edited May 29, 2017 09:00AM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments No, as Sandra said we don't add reprints if everything is the same.

message 5: by Rico (new)

Rico Martha (ricomartha) | 4 comments David wrote: "No, as Sandra said we don't add reprints if everything is the same."

Sandra said if there is nothing new except the date. so, if only the date published is different, we still don't add reprints? thanks.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41665 comments Mod
We only add reprints if something has changed -- the cover, the publisher name, the number of pages.

message 7: by Rico (new)

Rico Martha (ricomartha) | 4 comments rivka wrote: "We only add reprints if something has changed -- the cover, the publisher name, the number of pages."

aah, thank you for the clear answer. :)