David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1)
This topic is about Strange the Dreamer
Book of the Month > June 2017 Book of the Month - Strange the Dreamer

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor Strange the Dreamer won for June's Book of the Month!

Spoilers are welcome but please hide them with spoiler tabs for those who have not read this book.

Enjoy!!! :)

message 2: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - added it

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
This book is absolutely AMAZING!!! So unique and original, and just a beautiful story with beautiful writing.

message 3: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy (paper_addict) You guys are killing me. Always a new release gets voted for. Ok, may not not always but mostly. Luckily, the library actually has copies not checked out and an eBook available.

message 4: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna (bookdragongirl) I hear ya Nancy! I tried for Scythe and it was somewhat close. I wonder if that book will ever make it. Lol. Well, Oda knows how that feels. She never gives up though! I do want to read this one though, but it wasn't going to be available in the two libraries I use. So I splurged and bought it for my kindle.

Django Unchained | 5 comments I just finished this book like 15min ago and it was spectacular!!!! I cant wait for the final book, Atleast the cliff hanger wasnt that bad so i can live with it i guess till we get the next book in 2018... hopefully >.< it was just beautifull, the story, the descriptions and everything.

message 6: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna (bookdragongirl) WOW!!! Now your just getting me excited!!! Dang, I've got to read a couple books I've promised reviews on first. MUST HURRY!!

Django Unchained | 5 comments You have noooo idea, the only thing i regret is that i didnt wait till the second book is out... the waiting... is allrdy killing me. Im literally trying to search for a new book now to read with a male pov and romance just to "forgett" and take my mind of this story :x I just cant stop thinking about it.

I finished this one a few days ago and am still suffering from book hangover! Absolutely exceptional read! I'm sure I'll do a reread before the next book comes out just because I want to! I'll do it by audio next time! The writing is breathtaking!

Django Unchained | 5 comments Exactly my thoughts. The only thing that helps me with the book hangover is that i know that atleast there is hope for them, its not a tragedy like Robin Hobb series or the Kingkiller Chronicles. If there would be no hope the ending would be different.

message 10: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy (paper_addict) See, that why we shouldn't nominate books when they first come out. Because now everyone will be on pins and needles waiting for book 2.

Django Unchained | 5 comments Isnt that the case with all the new promising books? We get immersed in the new world with loveable characters and romances that we (or atleast i) miss from our lives and then boom, the book ends and we have to wait for atleast a year for the sequel... We need more authors with Brandon Sandersons speed but who write Patrick Rothfuss quality stories every 4-6th moon....

message 12: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
LOL I just added myself to a long waiting list at the library. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait, it sounds like this one is AWESOME :)

message 13: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - added it

Django wrote: "Isnt that the case with all the new promising books? We get immersed in the new world with loveable characters and romances that we (or atleast i) miss from our lives and then boom, the book ends a..."

LOL, yup that sounds about exactly right!

I've been trying to wait for more series to finish before I start reading them. Trying, not always succeeding!

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 240 comments David wrote: "LOL I just added myself to a long waiting list at the library. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait, it sounds like this one is AWESOME :)"

Long waiting too?

message 15: by Django (last edited Jun 19, 2017 09:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Django Unchained | 5 comments Maybe its against some unwriten rule or honor code in this community :x but i got the pirated version of it both in pdf and in Epub. Since you plan to borrow it from the library and all xD If you give me an email i would be happy to send it over.

message 16: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Alyson wrote: "David wrote: "LOL I just added myself to a long waiting list at the library. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait, it sounds like this one is AWESOME :)"

Long waiting too?"

Yes, still waiting! But I still have plenty of other books to read while I wait :)

message 17: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Django wrote: "Maybe its against some unwriten rule or honor code in this community :x but i got the pirated version of it both in pdf and in Epub. Since you plan to borrow it from the library and all xD If you g..."

Thanks anyway, Django, but I really don't mind waiting!

This one is worth the wait! Still my favorite of 2017!

message 19: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

WOW, that makes me even more excited! I think I am #18 on the waiting list, but there are 4 copies so it shouldn't take too much longer :)

David wrote: "WOW, that makes me even more excited! I think I am #18 on the waiting list, but there are 4 copies so it shouldn't take too much longer :)"

You'll love it, David!

Move over Mark Watney (from The Martian)! You have competition as my book boyfriend. Lazlo Strange is the perfect boyfriend/husband!

message 22: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Bwahaha!

Sarah (geekymom13) | 50 comments I feel so lucky because when I was at the library last week it was sitting on the shelf calling out to me. lol Such a pretty cover! :)

Sarah wrote: "I feel so lucky because when I was at the library last week it was sitting on the shelf calling out to me. lol Such a pretty cover! :)"

Nice!!!!!

message 25: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Sarah wrote: "I feel so lucky because when I was at the library last week it was sitting on the shelf calling out to me. lol Such a pretty cover! :)"

Awesome! Have you started it yet? I just got my copy last night! I am only 5% in but LOVE the language so far. Such a beautiful writer. Not much has happened but my interest is piqued :)

I can't wait for you both to read this! :)

message 27: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Thank you! Me too :) I am reading it while walking these days LOL Can't put it down!

Sarah (geekymom13) | 50 comments David wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I feel so lucky because when I was at the library last week it was sitting on the shelf calling out to me. lol Such a pretty cover! :)"

Awesome! Have you started it yet? I just got m..."

I read 4 chapters this morning and I totally agree with you David. Not a whole lot going on yet but it's not boring at all. I can't wait to read more tonight after my boys go to bed. :)

message 29: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Exactly, the language is so beautiful it could be entries in an encyclopedia and I'd be happy :) Happy reading!

message 30: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - added it

Agreed, the writing was the best part of this read!

message 31: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

13% now! (view spoiler)

Sarah (geekymom13) | 50 comments I finished it this afternoon. Holy book hangover... Such a lovely read and Lazlo is definitely my new book boyfriend as well! <3

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 330 comments I'm so glad you guys enjoyed this =] I read it when it came out but I'm going to do a re-read by audio if I can ever get moving in line on Overdrive =]

Haha Sarah! I had a serious book hangover after this one!!

I also plan to reread by audio soon, Melissa!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 330 comments Woot! Maybe mine will come in when you start =]

I'm waiting to get it on Audible because I'm collecting and re-reading The Lunar Chronicles so when they come through at the end of the month I'm getting Scarlet and Cress. I wish I had a million free credits. Lol

message 37: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "I'm so glad you guys enjoyed this =] I read it when it came out but I'm going to do a re-read by audio if I can ever get moving in line on Overdrive =]"

Awesome! I wonder how the audio compares. The words are so beautiful I sometimes find myself speaking them aloud :)

message 38: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Sarah wrote: "I finished it this afternoon. Holy book hangover... Such a lovely read and Lazlo is definitely my new book boyfriend as well! <3"

Yay! I am at 89%. Getting nervous because I really want them to have their HEA.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 330 comments David wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "I'm so glad you guys enjoyed this =] I read it when it came out but I'm going to do a re-read by audio if I can ever get moving in line on Overdrive =]"

Awesome! I wo..."

I heard it is really good!! I'm still in line on Overdrive and my points won't be in on Audible until the end of the month. Such is life. Lol

message 40: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Good things are worth waiting for!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 330 comments That is so true =)

message 42: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

I finished Strange the Dreamer. Wow. Crazy. Glad there will be a sequel :) :) :) Need more STRANGE

David wrote: "I finished Strange the Dreamer. Wow. Crazy. Glad there will be a sequel :) :) :) Need more STRANGE"

Seriously!!! Love Strange! (view spoiler) How are we going to be able to wait for book 2?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 330 comments I know, Karen! Holy crow!

message 46: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Karen wrote: "David wrote: "I finished Strange the Dreamer. Wow. Crazy. Glad there will be a sequel :) :) :) Need more STRANGE"

Seriously!!! Love Strange! [spoilers removed] How are we going to be able to wait ..."

Our only hope lies in finding other awesome books :) I am doing my best!

message 47: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "I know, Karen! Holy crow!"

I was AMAZED by the level of creativity. I always learn a lot about writing and creativity when I read her books :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 330 comments That's awesome =].

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Reading it now as a buddy read so will be adding my thoughts here. So far am 4 chapters in and loving it.

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Strange the Dreamer (other topics)