Detectives! discussion

My next fix

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William (doctorevil) | 3 comments Retired criminal detective on second, less exciting career thoroughly enjoyed Bill Hodges Trilogy and entire Harry Bosch series. Each character and the ones surrounding them were familiar and I am looking for more good detective characters. Police and police turned private detective. suggestions?

message 2: by Karin (last edited May 28, 2017 10:46AM) (new)

Karin | 1 comments The Last Watchman Still Rides by Jonathan Watkins, Marty Singer Mystery series, Matt Jones series by Robert Ellis, Detective Jack Stratton series by Christopher Greyson. I have not read any of these but they all are detective series that have good reviews.

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (evry1nozits) | 11 comments William wrote: "Retired criminal detective on second, less exciting career thoroughly enjoyed Bill Hodges Trilogy and entire Harry Bosch series. Each character and the ones surrounding them were familiar and I am ..."

O'Brien, Tim
Burke, James Lee (beautiful writing, set in Louisiana)
French, Tana (quirky, analytical detective stories)
Grebe, Camilla (the 'mother' of all Scandinavian mysteries)
Nesbo, Jo (one of my favorites, great main character)
Rankin, Ian (If you like Connelly, you'll like Rankin)
Leon, Donna (good stories)
Håkan Nesser (nice mix of wry humor and darkness)

message 4: by William (new)

William (doctorevil) | 3 comments Karin wrote: "The Last Watchman Still Rides by Jonathan Watkins, Marty Singer Mystery series, Matt Jones series by Robert Ellis, Detective Jack Stratton series by Christopher Greyson. I have not read any of thes..."

Thank you, Karin, I will check these out!
-Bill

message 5: by William (new)

William (doctorevil) | 3 comments Wendy wrote: "William wrote: "Retired criminal detective on second, less exciting career thoroughly enjoyed Bill Hodges Trilogy and entire Harry Bosch series. Each character and the ones surrounding them were fa..."

Thanks so much, Wendy. I will give these a try.
-Bill