What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Magical realism book with redhead on the cover. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by hlp (new)

hlp (milkycloud2) | 0 comments I know it was set in Ireland, and it had to do with sisters? maybe? I'm only positive on the Ireland part. I know on the cover is a long haired redhead with a white background.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
What makes it a magical realism book? When is it set--modern day, historical, future? What age group is it aimed at--children's picture, children's chapter, YA, NA or Adult?

message 3: by hlp (new)

hlp (milkycloud2) | 0 comments adult, historical

message 4: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1213 comments Some possibilities:

Deception's Princess (Deception's Princess, #1) by Esther M. Friesner

Ice by Sarah Beth Durst

Dance Upon The Air (Three Sisters Island, #1) by Nora Roberts

If not any of these, do you remember approximately when you read it? Did it seem old or new at the time?

message 5: by hlp (new)

hlp (milkycloud2) | 0 comments It was new, definitely post 2000. I think it had "sisters" somewhere in the title.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34466 comments Mod
HLP, can you give us some examples of the magic realism (or fantasy) in this book?

How historical - 1900's, 1800's, etc.? Technologies, social customs or events might give us a clue.

What's the tone - mystery, angsty, funny, sad, romantic, etc.?

message 7: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1213 comments I have high hopes for this guess ;-) The True and Splendid History of the Harristown Sisters by Michelle Lovric

message 8: by Miss Mara (new)

Miss Mara | 156 comments Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce? (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...)

message 9: by hlp (new)

hlp (milkycloud2) | 0 comments Adele wrote: "I have high hopes for this guess ;-) The True and Splendid History of the Harristown Sisters by Michelle Lovric"

that's it!

message 10: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1213 comments Yay! :-)