2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Brass Verdict (Harry Bosch, #14; Mickey Haller, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #18)
This topic is about The Brass Verdict
The Brass Verdict > Question N

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
Contrast and compare Mickey and Harry. Do you see them continuing a relationship?

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I don't see them calling each other to meet for dinner. But I do think they may consider each other friends and call each other for advice.

Both of them are very good at what they do. Harry's got this noble sense of justice but Mickey experiences that more broadly. Harry's more cynical and Mickey still thinks he can make a difference. They're more alike than they probably know.

It's interesting that Mickey lived with his father until he was five but Harry seems to be more like him, though he didn't spend any time with him.

I think these two will form some sort of relationship but will never get close.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments In the previous books, I don't remember Harry even knowing who his father was. Did I miss something? Did he have any kind of relationship with his father?

He discovered who is father was when he was investigating his mother's murder, in one of the earlier books. He actually went to see him and he mentioned Mickey at that time. If I remember correctly, his father didn't want him to meet Mickey but My recall may be fuzzy.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments Wow, beyond Harry investigating his mother's murder, I don't remember any of that. My mind can't retain all of these details anymore.

That's why I've taken to creating a Spoiler Info section in the first post. This series is too long to retain all of that.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments If I remember correctly, Harry knew who his father was and went to see him after he returned from Vietnam when Mickey Sr. was on his death bed. He also went to the funeral and saw his brothers but never said anything.