2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Brass Verdict (Harry Bosch, #14; Mickey Haller, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #18)
This topic is about The Brass Verdict
The Brass Verdict > Question A

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Two years have elapsed since the last story and Mickey hasn't practiced law in a year. Were you surprised to learn all that had happened to him (addiction to pain killers, rehab, broken relationship with his ex-wife, Maggie, etc.)?

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I wasn't real surprised. He was in bad shape at the end of the last book. Addiction to pain killers wouldn't be out of the question. And, Mickey's relationship with Maggie being worse off than when we left them seems to be par for the course with Connelly's stories. It seems like his lead characters get a woman in one book, but they aren't getting along or have split by the next story in the series.

I was really surprised that he hadn't practiced law for a year! That I didn't see coming.

That his relationship with ex-wife Maggie hit the skids? Not surprising in the least for the reasons you state, Robin. Connelly needs to get some help with romance:)

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I wish Connelly would get a romance writer to give him some romance tips for his books.

So do I, Robin.