Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

HELP! > Look inside help needed

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Ellen (last edited May 28, 2017 06:06AM) (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 76 comments When I checked my look inside feature on my e-book it was totally screwed up. Font was huge and different sizes all over. It was center justified and looks awful. I previewed it on Amazon and on my own Kindle app and it looked fine. The paperback look inside is perfect.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you fix it? I'm desperate since this may put off potential readers, costing me downloads besides making me look like an idiot who doesn't know how to format a book.

message 2: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Jackson (authorrljackson) | 856 comments Mod
Oh no! I would def contact Amazon right away and let them know and I mean call, email and harass until they fix it or you may have to pull it until it's sorted out. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this.

message 3: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Mary Ellen wrote: "When I checked my look inside feature on my e-book it was totally screwed up. Font was huge and different sizes all over. It was center justified and looks awful. I previewed it on Amazon and on my..."

I would send an e-mail to Author Central. You won't be able to talk with anyone until Tuesday, at the earliest, but the people in India will be working through the holiday weekend, so e-mail them through the Help link. Be sure to give all the pertinent into on the book site (i.e., URL) and the problem you observe. They have always been very responsive to my requests for fixes.

message 4: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 76 comments I emailed immediately and got a response back within hours. They said it was definitely their problem and it had been referred to tech support. Just hate this is going on while I'm running a promo, which is why I can't pull it. Thanks for the advice and support.

message 5: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 76 comments Update - I got a very weird e-mail from an Amazon manager whose command of English was clearly not the best. It said little but sorry you are having a problem.

In the meantime, the formatting errors have been corrected. I'm not sure if they corrected it or it just straightened itself out as another author told me theirs did. Thanks anyway for the help. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. It was maddening, especially during a promotion.

message 6: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Mary Ellen wrote: "Update - I got a very weird e-mail from an Amazon manager whose command of English was clearly not the best. It said little but sorry you are having a problem.

In the meantime, the formatting err..."

Well, the important thing is that they corrected the issue. Yes, at times the e-mails aren't in the best English, but I've always found that sooner or later, Amazon does make good on our complaints and fix the problems. Good that you were able to get it corrected so quickly, given it's a holiday weekend.

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread