This topic is about Half Bad
2017 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Eunice & Jaylee - Half Bad

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5382 comments Mod
Eunice & Jaylee - Half Bad

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you want to set up a similar schedule for this book?

message 3: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Sure, if you want to.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay let's do it. When do you want to start? At the beginning of the month as well?

message 5: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Can we do it in the second week instead?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Eunice wrote: "Can we do it in the second week instead?"

Yeah, sure.

message 7: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments There are six parts so we can do 2 parts each week. Is that ok?

And are we also going to do the discussions during the weekends?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

That sounds ok to me. So we will be starting June 5th.

message 9: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments You ready to start on Monday?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Eunice wrote: "You ready to start on Monday?"

Yes.

message 11: by Eunice (last edited Jun 09, 2017 08:34PM) (new)

Eunice | 340 comments I seriously felt bad for Nathan. If I could go into their world, I'd want to go kick the asses of all of those White Witches, though I'd probably be too afraid to do so in real life. Their world is so black and white. Surely somebody would have tried to contest that. I feel so frustrated reading this book.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Same. I got especially angry when Annalise's brothers carved the "BW" into his skin. My favorite characters so far are Mary and Arran.

message 13: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments I know right. He's just a kid. Evil isn't from blood, and they're all condemning him just because he has black witch blood. And it's only half of his bloodline anyway. Ugh, those Council members, so full of themselves.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel like this book is going to have a spectacular ending. Maybe Nathan will overthrow the council and meet his dad. I hope in the end everyone can get along, black or white. And I hope Nathan and Annalise become a thing. I think they are super cute, like Romeo and Juliet in this universe.

message 15: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments It's a series though so toppling the Council and changing the views of the people would take a while. It's been so ingrained in their society anyway, that Black witches are evil.

I hope for a romance between Nathan and Annalise too! They're so sweet, but I can't help but think that their relationship would turn out bad like with Nathan's parents.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe their relationship would be the catalyst for change. Since Annalise's uncle (or someone of her family, I am probably not remembering correctly) is a member of the council, he will see the purity within Nathan and change the Council's mind.

I do not know; I am just speculating. I am quite the idealist.

message 17: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments If Annalise's brothers acted like that to Nathan, how would her uncle act? I seriously doubt it. The Council is probably just a corrupt government of some sort who wants the power all to themselves. Many of the white witches are either mindless adoring followers who hang on to everything the Council tells them or scared to say or do anything in fear of persecution.

Maybe it'll be like the Hunger Games. Rebels form a group to counter and try to replace the government.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Anarchy. Sounds nice.
I have never read the Hunger Games.

message 19: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments jaylee wrote: "Anarchy. Sounds nice.
I have never read the Hunger Games."

I feel like I just spoiled a part of the trilogy... sorry.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't worry. I still read books and watch movies when the plot is spoiled for me. Sometimes, I spoil it for myself when reading reviews and thinking about what could happen.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey!

Just like I said in the other chat I have been busy this weekend. Do you want to catch up next week?

message 22: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Sure. I still haven't read for this week either.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I have finished the book! Let me know if you still are up for discussion.

message 25: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Let me just finish the book. I'm halfway in it.

message 26: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Hi, I'm sorry I haven't been able to finish the book yet. I've been extremely busy with school work.