Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

It Ends with Us
This topic is about It Ends with Us
Book of the Month 2018 > June - It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Okay everyone you all voted for It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover by Colleen Hoover for June's Book of the Month that covers the theme of Flowers.
I'm looking forward to reading this and really can't wait. So grab your copy for those who wish to participate and please feel free to discuss as well.

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments I LOVED this one, one of my favorite CoHo books!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 152 comments I keep meaning to check out this author.

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments Read it - its a CoHo book nothing really changes so yeah it was just ok for me. It did however have great potential so maybe one of her better ones.

message 5: by Sylvia (last edited May 27, 2017 04:04PM) (new) - added it

Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I keep meaning to check out this author."

I too started reading CoHo later than most and read Hopeless first which was definitely a big mistake only cause I loved that book so much that when I tried reading her first book, Slammed, I didn't like it so never continued on with the series. I'd say try to start from her earlier works on cause there was such a difference in writing between Slammed and Hopeless.

message 6: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Jenny wrote: "I LOVED this one, one of my favorite CoHo books!"

Good to know 👍🏼

message 7: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Laura wrote: "Read it - its a CoHo book nothing really changes so yeah it was just ok for me. It did however have great potential so maybe one of her better ones."

I find that I either really love her books or find them falling short with some.

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments Sylvia wrote: "Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I keep meaning to check out this author."

I too started reading CoHo later than most and read Hopeless first which was definitely a big mistake only cause I loved tha..."

I did the same I love Hopeless and think its her best work ever! Slammed series was ok but I didnt love it. Only other book Ive actually really liked since Hopeless was Confess all the others to date have been meh

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 152 comments Sylvia wrote: "Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I keep meaning to check out this author."

I too started reading CoHo later than most and read Hopeless first which was definitely a big mistake only cause I loved tha..."

Thanks for the advise I think I'll do that then.

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments Hopeless is definitely my favorite, followed by Confess. Then I think this one. I also really liked Ugly Love. I haven't read Maybe Someday yet. The rest of her books I liked okay, but didn't love. Hopeless was one of the later ones I read, and I'm glad!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 152 comments I saw some reviews for Ugly Love and that's what interested me in her writing.

Markita Staples (markiestaples) | 2 comments Finally going to read a BOM! Looking forward to it :)

message 13: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Laura wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I keep meaning to check out this author."

I too started reading CoHo later than most and read Hopeless first which was definitely a big mistake only ca..."

Slammed was really overrated, in my opinion. I kept seeing 5 star reviews and everyone going nuts over how amazing it was but I just didn't feel it. Hopeless is definitely my fav, followed by Ugly Love, Confess and Maybe Someday.

message 14: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I keep meaning to check out this author."

I too started reading CoHo later than most and read Hopeless first which was definitely a big mistake only ca..."

You're welcome ☺️

message 15: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Jenny wrote: "Hopeless is definitely my favorite, followed by Confess. Then I think this one. I also really liked Ugly Love. I haven't read Maybe Someday yet. The rest of her books I liked okay, but didn't love...."

I think you'll enjoy Maybe Someday, so definitely give it a go.

message 16: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I saw some reviews for Ugly Love and that's what interested me in her writing."

Definitely one to read.

message 17: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Markita wrote: "Finally going to read a BOM! Looking forward to it :)"

Fantastic 🤗

message 18: by Tracy (new) - added it

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Hopeless was my first Hoover read as well and I haven't enjoyed anything else as much. She really set the bar high for herself when she wrote this one. Slammed was ok for me but I didn't read any more of them. If i were to start new with her I would save Hopeless for last.

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments Sylvia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Hopeless is definitely my favorite, followed by Confess. Then I think this one. I also really liked Ugly Love. I haven't read Maybe Someday yet. The rest of her books I liked okay, bu..."

I hope to read it this year, I've heard good things about that one :)

message 20: by Tracy (new) - added it

Jenny wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Hopeless is definitely my favorite, followed by Confess. Then I think this one. I also really liked Ugly Love. I haven't read Maybe Someday yet. The rest of her books I..."

It's a really good one Jenny.

Stephanie Cassidy | 12 comments This is only the second Colleen Hoover book that I've read. "Ugly Love" is definitely one of my all-time favorites and I'm currently reading this book.

message 22: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Jenny wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Hopeless is definitely my favorite, followed by Confess. Then I think this one. I also really liked Ugly Love. I haven't read Maybe Someday yet. The rest of her books I..."

Hope you enjoy it too.

message 23: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Stephanie wrote: "This is only the second Colleen Hoover book that I've read. "Ugly Love" is definitely one of my all-time favorites and I'm currently reading this book."

She definitely knows how to write a great story.

message 24: by Tracy (new) - added it

Stephanie wrote: "This is only the second Colleen Hoover book that I've read. "Ugly Love" is definitely one of my all-time favorites and I'm currently reading this book."

You will have to kerp us informed on your progress Stephanie. Hope you enjoy it.

Stephanie Cassidy | 12 comments Tracy wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "This is only the second Colleen Hoover book that I've read. "Ugly Love" is definitely one of my all-time favorites and I'm currently reading this book."

You will have to kerp us ..."

I'm only on Chapter 2 and I already love it!

message 26: by Tracy (new) - added it

Stephanie wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "This is only the second Colleen Hoover book that I've read. "Ugly Love" is definitely one of my all-time favorites and I'm currently reading this book."

You will ha..."

Yeah Stephanie! So glad you are enjoying it.

message 27: by Shaw (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shaw McKnight (shawmcknight) | 47 comments I've never read a Colleen Hoover book before so I'm so glad it's the June pick! Now I have no excuse

Elvina Zafril (elvinazafril) | 1 comments I love this book so much!

message 29: by Tracy (new) - added it

Shaw wrote: "I've never read a Colleen Hoover book before so I'm so glad it's the June pick! Now I have no excuse"

I hope you enjoy it Shaw.

message 30: by Tracy (new) - added it

Elvina Zafril wrote: "I love this book so much!"

Whoo hoo!!!

Tamika | 35 comments This will be the first time reading a book such as this so I'm interested to see how this goes. I hear it's an awesome read and to get the tissue ready.

message 32: by Tracy (new) - added it

Tamika wrote: "This will be the first time reading a book such as this so I'm interested to see how this goes. I hear it's an awesome read and to get the tissue ready."

I hope you enjoy it Tamika.

Stephanie Cassidy | 12 comments I'm half way through this book and it has given me so many feels. I actually felt bad for Lily during that one part - I'm pretty sure ya'll know which part I'm talking about. (I can't give away any spoilers for the ones who haven't read it yet).

message 34: by Tracy (new) - added it

Stephanie wrote: "I'm half way through this book and it has given me so many feels. I actually felt bad for Lily during that one part - I'm pretty sure ya'll know which part I'm talking about. (I can't give away any..."

CoHo's books are known for the feels Stephanie. Glad you are enjoying it.

Markita Staples (markiestaples) | 2 comments Welp I zoomed through that! Really good story.

message 36: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Vizentim | 6 comments I LOVED this one, definitely my favorite CoHo book! And I love her books!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!

message 37: by Tracy (new) - added it

Markita wrote: "Welp I zoomed through that! Really good story."

Good to know Markita

message 38: by Tracy (new) - added it

Ana wrote: "I LOVED this one, definitely my favorite CoHo book! And I love her books!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!"

So glad you enjoyed it.

Brandy | 27 comments I really enjoyed this book, I hope you all like it as well

message 40: by Natshane (new)

Natshane | 619 comments Ahh.. I actually picked this book up and looking forward to read it!

Stephanie Cassidy | 12 comments I just started the second part and I'm crying right now. It's so upsetting.

message 42: by Sylvia (new) - added it

I've got to sort myself out and load this up on my kindle ugh why does life have to get so busy and overwhelming 😜

message 43: by Tracy (new) - added it

I started this one but wasn't in the mood for romance so I put is aside. I'm such a mood reader.

message 44: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Tracy wrote: "I started this one but wasn't in the mood for romance so I put is aside. I'm such a mood reader."

That you are ☺️ Come to think of it, I am too.

message 45: by Tracy (new) - added it

Sylvia wrote: "Tracy wrote: "I started this one but wasn't in the mood for romance so I put is aside. I'm such a mood reader."

That you are ☺️ Come to think of it, I am too."

Birds of a feather. 😁

message 46: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Tracy wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Tracy wrote: "I started this one but wasn't in the mood for romance so I put is aside. I'm such a mood reader."

That you are ☺️ Come to think of it, I am too."

Birds of a feather. 😁"

🕊 ☺️

Stephanie Cassidy | 12 comments I'm almost finished it. I started crying last night when I was reading about the meaning of "BIB" and what follows afterward.

message 48: by Shaw (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shaw McKnight (shawmcknight) | 47 comments Really good book. So glad I read it. Four and a half stars. This book leaves you full of so many emotions but I won't say anything more and ruin it for someone.

message 49: by Tracy (last edited Jun 12, 2017 10:14AM) (new) - added it

Love a book with feels. Glad you guys are enjoying it.

Stephanie Cassidy | 12 comments I just finished it. The feels. My heart. That ending.

Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

It Ends with Us (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Colleen Hoover (other topics)