SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers discussion

Member showcase N through T > John Saomes: Let's Make the World a Better Place

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Saomes | 4 comments Hello, I'm an Australian author and poet with purpose ... I'd like to get people thinking and talking about how we can make the world a better place.
My series ‘The Yuwmahn Compendium’ has as its central theme the pursuit of human happiness for every individual, family, and community. The books map out a better way for mankind to live and prosper — to advance the human spirit, to rise above the ugliness and futility of modern living, and to ennoble the human soul.

Hidden away in a minor genre, Visionary Fiction, with a helping of philosophy, spirituality, and personal development, thrown in for good measure — like a cross between The Alchemist and 1984.

Journey to Yuwmah Ancient Wisdom for a Brighter World (The Yuwmahn Compendium) by John Saomes
Journey to Yuwmah: Ancient Wisdom for a Brighter World
The journey of transformation begins...

Ten Yuwmahn Beginnings (The Yuwmahn Compendium) by John Saomes
Ten Yuwmahn Beginnings
Grab this ebook for free from website www.johnsaomes.com
... an overview of all things Yuwmahn.

The Days of Dinkum Dodger (Volume 1) by John Saomes
The Days of Dinkum Dodger
A bit of hilarious Aussie bush poetry and candid commentary.

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments Howdy and welcome, John!

message 3: by Dwayne, That's Dr. Cannibal To You (new)

Dwayne Fry | 560 comments Mod
Hi John. I read Dinkum Dodger ages ago. Welcome!

message 4: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 571 comments Mod
Hello, John, and welcome aboard!

message 5: by John (new)

John Saomes | 4 comments Thank you for the welcome. This blatant self-promotion is really something different!

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments John wrote: "Thank you for the welcome. This blatant self-promotion is really something different!"

It's nice to be able to allow it for folks who actually have things to say on the main board. ;-)

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 71 comments Yes, welcome John, and isn't it good to feel free to mention what we do!

message 8: by John (new)

John Saomes | 4 comments You mean write, write , write — and when we're not, we wish we were!

message 9: by Dan (new)

Dan Burley (danburleyauthor) | 72 comments Welcome, John, to this odd place!

message 10: by Josephine (new)

Josephine Allen | 3 comments Welcome, John. Good to see another Aussie on the list!
I know what you mean about self-promotion. I've been lurking here, trying to get up the nerve to do some.

message 11: by John (new)

John Saomes | 4 comments Josephine wrote: "Welcome, John. Good to see another Aussie on the list!
I know what you mean about self-promotion. I've been lurking here, trying to get up the nerve to do some."

There's a few Aussie authors around I'm happy to say. As for promotion ... it can be overwhelming. I test out a few things along the way ...and take the advice that the best thing you can do is get the next book out!