Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Add this Nathan Barnatt book if you can. Please and Thank you

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C. J. (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 40 comments I just got this book today. It might have other editions in the future but this one is at the moment an K-Mart exclusive.

Going Ostrich by Nathan Barnatt. Photographs by Josh Barnatt.

ISBN 9781366873392

Copyright 2015-2017 by Joshua Barnatt.

If you can do this thank you!

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3540 comments CJ,

It does appear that the K-Mart edition is the only one available at this time, and I can find no other information about it. Unfortunately, K-Mart is not one of the acceptable sources we can use for covers and book data.

If you would like to provide the information, we can use that to add the book record. This is what we need. Please note that the information must be exactly as it is show on the cover and on the copyright page:

* Title
* Author(s) name(s)
* ISBN
* Publisher
* Publication date
* Format (paperback? hardcover? ebook? Kindle?)
* Description
* Page count
* Cover image from acceptable source, such as a publisher website

If you can take a photo or scan the cover image, we can use that. Add the image to your profile for us to copy: https://www.goodreads.com/photo/new (.jpg or .gif format) We'll let you know when we've finished so you can delete the photo if you wish.

message 3: by C. J. (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 40 comments Okay I will try my best and do this soon!

message 4: by C. J. (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 40 comments Partial Update!

I have found most but not all of the info required for this posting.

Here is what I have so far...

Title: Going Ostrich

Nathan Barnatt (subject), Joshua Barnatt (photographer)

ISBN: 9781366873392

Publisher: Not known to me yet (am trying to find this out)

Publication date: 5/26/17

Format: Hardcover

Genre Description: Comedy, Photography

Description: A table entertainment book, with fun images to make you laugh (taken from kmart.com)

Page Count: N/A

Cover image (I posted it on my profile in pics, taken from a book "blurb" website)

message 5: by C. J. (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 40 comments Just a reminder about the new post.

message 6: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3540 comments Thanks for providing the additional information. I've created a Goodreads listing, though it is incomplete: Going Ostrich

I could not use the description taken from kmart.com, nor could I use the cover image taken from the unidentified website. Due to copyright laws, we cannot use photos or descriptions from sources that are not on the list of acceptable sources for covers and book data.

I added a description in my own words based on my viewing the author's promo video on YouTube. If you'd rather write something different, just post it here. Neither the author's website, http://www.nathanbarnatt.com/, nor that of his brother, https://joshua-barnatt.squarespace.com/, mentions the book. It is not yet on WorldCat.

So we're back to what you might be able to provide, as a reader:

Cover image:
If you can take a photo of the book's cover (or a scan), we can use that. We cannot use a photo taken from another website unless it is on the list I mentioned above.

Publisher:
This is probably a self-published work, so there might not be a publisher listed. If there is, it should be on the title page, usually at the bottom, and on the copyright page, usually at the top.

Page count:
If the pages are not numbered, you can count them. Include any end-material such as acknowledgments, afterwords, appendices, indexes, notes, or the like. If you are unsure, here is the help page link: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...

message 7: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3540 comments CJ wrote: "Just a reminder about the new post."

Goodreads librarians are volunteers; please be patient. As you can imagine, it took me quite a bit of time to research this.

message 8: by C. J. (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 40 comments Thank you.

And I was only posting a second time (the "reminder") so that my post would be seen near the top of the discussions. Sorry about that. I thank you very much as well as other librarians for your work in this.

message 9: by C. J. (last edited Jan 02, 2019 04:23PM) (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 40 comments I know this is LOOOONG overdue but I finally have the pic for this book. Someone said I had to take a pic of the book and also put its on my profile so there I have it listed.

So check out my profile when you can. Also below...

Publisher: The Barnatt Brothers Publishing Company

Page Count: 67

message 10: by C. J. (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 40 comments I hope this info will benefit the page. And sorry for the long delay!

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13032 comments Wow! Better late than never! :-D
I have updated the book. Glad you came back to the thread. :-)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 12: by C. J. (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 40 comments Great. And thank you!!