Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > How to manage a large number of requests

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Burns | 10 comments A publisher client of my organization is complaining of a variety of errors in Goodreads records across their upcoming catalog season titles (approximately two dozen titles in total). Issues range from missing covers to incorrect metadata to inconsistent data between editions. I am working with a client representative to get a list of specific issues, but I wanted to know what the best way to bring these issues here would be. Does there need to be a separate topic for each book (which I fear would be spammy), or can I list all the changes in a single post, and if so, where would that post best be placed?

Thank you for your time and attention in this matter.

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20246 comments You can either start a new thread for each request, or start one thread and post each request in a new post. It is not spammy.

Adding multiple requests in one post
- can be confusing
- might prevent being picked up by a librarian due to the extent of the request
- makes it difficult to refer to one of those requests and for librarians to keep track which ones are done

Usually 'book issues' is the best folder. And as long as you don't link the topic to a book (in the topic header when starting the topic), it can be used for multiple requests.