Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Workshop No New Posts > One more blurb I'm trying to polish.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joynell (new)

Joynell Schultz (joynellschultz) | 39 comments I have a cozy mystery / superhero / humorous book I'll be publishing in early fall. I'm working on polishing the blurb. Any suggestions?

Title: The Secret Lives of Superhero Wives

Nobody said being married was easy, but try to be married to a superhero. Not only is there laundry, cooking, and a career to balance, but throw in a few supervillains and a day’s booked.

Ariana, Victoria, and Emma’s men spend more time saving the world than doing dishes. These wives want some resemblance of a normal married life, but would settle for an uninterrupted meal together. Besides, how can they compete with saving the world?

When a catastrophic earthquake devastates Shadow Town and crime grows out of control, it appears the city needs all the help they can get to clean it up. Everyone expected the resident superheroes to save the day, but didn’t expect the wives’ help too…

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Halpenny | 36 comments I like this overall, I think you've done really well. I have some suggestions on word choices which I'll put below in CAPS (take them or leave them as you see fit, just my opinion):

Nobody said being married was easy, but try BEING married to a superhero. Not only is there laundry, cooking, and a career to balance, but throw in a few supervillains and YOUR day’s booked.

Ariana, Victoria, and Emma’s men spend more time saving the world than doing dishes. These wives want some SEMBLANCE of a normal married life, but would settle for an uninterrupted meal together. Besides, how can they compete with saving the world?

When a catastrophic earthquake devastates Shadow Town and crime SPIRALS out of control, it appears the city needs all the help they can get to clean it up. Everyone expected the resident superheroes to save the day, but didn’t expect the wives’ help too…

message 3: by Joynell (new)

Joynell Schultz (joynellschultz) | 39 comments Eric wrote: "I like this overall, I think you've done really well. I have some suggestions on word choices which I'll put below in CAPS (take them or leave them as you see fit, just my opinion):

Nobody said be..."

Love it! I'm taking all three suggestions. :-)

message 4: by Madalain (new)

Madalain Ackley | 6 comments With those minor tweaks, it reads really well. It would certainly peak my interest if I picked it up.

message 5: by Frances (new)

Frances Ixx (Frances_ixx) | 33 comments I agree, it reads well. Fun concept, too.

message 6: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4310 comments Mod
Eric's suggestions for alternate words are good. Your wording is fine, but his is a bit better. I'd consider using his suggestions. Otherwise, it sounds like a fun book and you have a good blurb.

message 7: by Joynell (new)

Joynell Schultz (joynellschultz) | 39 comments Fabulous help here! I love this forum. :-)

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela Joseph | 132 comments Great suggestions, Eric. Sounds like a fun read , Joynell. All the best.

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori Armstrong | 21 comments Fantastic read and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Eric offers some great suggestions.

Congrats and much success to you in the future!

message 10: by Joynell (new)

Joynell Schultz (joynellschultz) | 39 comments Angela wrote: "Great suggestions, Eric. Sounds like a fun read , Joynell. All the best."

Lori wrote: "Fantastic read and I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Congrats and much success to you in the future!"

Thank you both!