Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Add URLs to books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ekollon (new)

Ekollon | 6 comments I just created a book for an AO3 story, and I'm trying to add a URL to it because, being an AO3 story, people are going to want a link to it if the want to read it. However, I can't figure out how to add URLs to books. I see URLs in books, but not a section in the "manually add a book" or "edit details" sections that let you add URLs. Can anyone help me out?

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Only Librarians have the ability to URLs

You need to post the link and a link to the book on GR in the Librarians group

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42062 comments Mod
URL added.

Also, "Free online fiction" is not an edition. Removed.

message 5: by Ekollon (new)

Ekollon | 6 comments Thank you very much for adding the URL.

Where does "free online fiction" belong? Because I basically took other book examples from AO3 and did what they did, and while I've seen "free online fiction" in all of them (example: here, here, here, and here, to name a few), I'm unable to edit the details to see where they are putting it if not in edition. I want to be sure to do this right in the future.

message 6: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3620 comments As Rivka pointed out, "Free online fiction" is not an edition, per Goodreads policy. I have removed that to correct the records for the links you provided.

You did fine on adding your book; just remember not to include "Free online fiction" as an edition. The records that have included that as an edition are incorrect and will be corrected as they are brought to librarians' or staff's attention.

message 7: by Ekollon (new)

Ekollon | 6 comments Ok, thank you so much!

message 8: by Hákon (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 310 comments Just one question about free online fiction not being a edition. I came across the web page storyweaver.org.in that has children's books free either to read online or download. Some of them, but not all of them, have also been published in a traditional paper form. Some have been translated to different languages that are only available as online or e books. Would it be against goodreads rules to add these stories?

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42062 comments Mod
It sounds like those would be ok to add as ebooks; but they still would not have "free" or "online fiction" as part of their edition etc.

message 10: by Hákon (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 310 comments Okay, thanks Rivka. :-)