Retro Reads discussion

Group Reads > Poll is up for July Group read Edited title - Want to read The Ordinary Princess?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (last edited May 25, 2017 12:50PM) (new)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 1468 comments Mod
Hi there

I'm very keen to read a M M Kaye book in July. I've put a poll up for the two titles I own - Death in Zanzibar & a children's book, The Ordinary Princess. If you would like to join me, please cast your vote! :)

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/1...

message 2: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 1906 comments If we choose The Ordinary Princess, then I'll have an excuse to buy it!

message 3: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

& Death in Zanzibar was the clear winner.

Would starting the read on the 15th of July suit everyone?

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 157 comments I thought "The Scent of Water" was the July selection.

Or is it a buddy read rather than a group read?

message 5: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "I thought "The Scent of Water" was the July selection.

Or is it a buddy read rather than a group read?"

I made a mistake when I put it up, sorry. SoW is June.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 157 comments Thanks!

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim Kaso | 96 comments Rats, I missed this poll. Wanted to give The Ordinary Princess a vote just so it was sitting @ zero.

message 8: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 1906 comments I actually forgot to vote! I would have voted for Ordinary Princess, too, Kim, just so I'd have to find a copy (mine got lost years ago).

message 9: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 126 comments I was out of town and missed the poll too -- bummer. Maybe there are enough of us that would like to buddy read The Ordinary Princess?

message 10: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Katy wrote: "I was out of town and missed the poll too -- bummer. Maybe there are enough of us that would like to buddy read The Ordinary Princess?"

Always possible! :)

I'm going to Rarotonga (Cook Islands) on holiday next week, but you can talk it over with the other moderators. :)

I'll list the read for Death in Zanzibar for the 15th of July.

message 11: by Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽, Moderator (new)

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ | 1179 comments Mod
I'd be happy to set up a thread or two for a buddy read of The Ordinary Princess. Anyone besides Katy and Karlyne interested? It's a lovely little fairy tale.

message 12: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ wrote: "I'd be happy to set up a thread or two for a buddy read of The Ordinary Princess. Anyone besides Katy and Karlyne interested? It's a lovely little fairy tale."

I'd like to but I'd be pushed to get it read in July.

message 13: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 126 comments Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ wrote: "I'd be happy to set up a thread or two for a buddy read of The Ordinary Princess. Anyone besides Katy and Karlyne interested? It's a lovely little fairy tale."

I'll read whenever is convenient for Karlyne or whoever else might be interested.

message 14: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (dandelion_cottage) | 259 comments Me too.

I'll read whenever is convenient for Karlyne or whoever else might be interested.

message 15: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (last edited Aug 04, 2017 12:04PM) (new)

Hello everyone! I should have some free reading time in a couple of days!

Is anyone till up for a buddy read of The Ordinary Princess? :)

message 16: by Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽, Moderator (new)

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ | 1179 comments Mod
Carol ♔Type, Oh Queen!♕ wrote: "Hello everyone! I should have some free reading time in a couple of days!

Is anyone till up for a buddy read of The Ordinary Princess? :)"

Aww! I wish I had a copy; I'd join you. It's a quick, cute read, and Kaye's illustrations are lovely.

message 17: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

I'm going to defer my read till about the 12th - just in case someone is interested with a later date.

message 18: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 126 comments Carol ♔Type, Oh Queen!♕ wrote: "I'm going to defer my read till about the 12th - just in case someone is interested with a later date."

Okay, just remind me. I have a copy and it should be a quick read.

message 19: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Katy wrote: "

Okay, just remind me. I have a copy and it should be a quick..."

Sure thing! :)

message 20: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 143 comments Carol ♔Type, Oh Queen!♕ wrote: "I'm going to defer my read till about the 12th - just in case someone is interested with a later date."

I think I'll be ready for something light and lovely by the 12th too, so I'll join you.

message 21: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Lesley~aka Ella's Gran wrote: "
I think I'll be ready for something light and lovely by the ..."

Awesome! :)