The Sword and Laser discussion

James S.A. Corey
This topic is about James S.A. Corey
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Questions / AMAs > Questions for James SA Corey

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1145 comments Mod
ON Sunday at BayCon we'll be interviewing Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck who make up James S.A. Corey. What questions should we ask them?!

PSsst. If you're coming to BayCon you might get to ask your question in person! Be here Sunday May 28 at 1 PM
Convene 1 (San Mateo Marriott)

message 2: by Joetekcor (new)

Joetekcor | 1 comments This might have already been answered somewhere but do they have an end game for the Expanse series or do they plan on writing books indefinitely? Do they already have the stories for the next couple of books mapped out?

message 3: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6715 comments Mod
Joetekcor wrote: "This might have already been answered somewhere but do they have an end game for the Expanse series or do they plan on writing books indefinitely? Do they already have the stories for the next coup..."

They are planning 9 books, so 3 more including Persepolis Rising this December.

message 4: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6715 comments Mod
I'm sure this has been asked in other Q&A's, but I havent seen much on the subject. How much has TV show influenced the writing of the books? Are you doing things differently based on what you found worked well for TV or what didn't when adapting the previous books?

In Babylon's Ashes in particular I noticed a few things like numerous minor character POVs that hadn't been done in the books before.

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2228 comments I enjoy the short fiction set in the Expanse. How do the authors decide what will be included in the novels and what will be published separately as a short.

message 6: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1616 comments Oh joy! Well I just want to know what do they think the name of the Expanse fandom should be. I asked Ty once via Twitter and he didn't answer (maybe he didn't know yet, usually he's really responsive).

My friends came up with a suggestion: Expansionistas.
Yeah I know. Nope.

message 7: by Stephen (last edited May 26, 2017 07:22PM) (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 1318 comments Ask about how being active on Twitter with a political view ( Which I love) , but do you ever ask is it worth the grief you get from some quarters?

message 8: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 3857 comments If this one hasn't been asked to death...

What made you decide on a space opera / noir detective mashup?

message 9: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1616 comments And are there any recent books they read that they want to recommend to us?

message 10: by Alex (new)

Alex | 30 comments What is someone that has only seen the show missing from the story, characters and universe in the books?

message 11: by Rush (new)

Rush (shortbusfury) | 6 comments I find the way that the background minutia of the vessels and stations that everyone lives in and around is presented to be fascinating. What kind of articles and people did you guys pull in for research that had the most influence on your decisions on how vessels and space travel were to function in your stories?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.