Art History discussion

General > Online Art/ Louvre database opens

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So, it is official. You no longer have to go to France and you don't have to read French to see and read all about the collection inside the Louvre.

This week the Louvre launched an English-language version of its online database available on its Web site, louvre.fr. The database, called Atlas, will provide information on 22,000 works of art from the Louvre, as well as high-resolution images and the locations of works and galleries within the museum.

Interesting!

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Thanks for the info Mary! Have fun in Greece!

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim | 2 comments Wow! Going to check it out!

message 4: by Ronan Noane (new)

Ronan Noane  K thanks for the tip.
End of august I'll be in Paris for a couple of days, visiting my family, I hope to find some time to visit Le Louvre.But I always get desperate when I see the huge queues...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucky you! I can't wait to go back to Paris. I think I am going to go for my birthday in November! Hope the lines are not to unbearable for you. If you get a chance, check out - Maison Europeenne de la Photographie. Beautiful...It is a museum located in a restored 1706 mansion,stunning classical architecture, original period prints, retrospective exhibits, and more than 12,000 rare books!

Let me know how it goes! ~MG

Noane13 wrote: "thanks for the tip.
End of august I'll be in Paris for a couple of days, visiting my family, I hope to find some time to visit Le Louvre.But I always get desperate when I see the huge queues...

"