Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

HELP! > Nate and Day- blurb

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments I need to crack on with book 2, so many things to write. What's this like as a blurb? I don't want a long rambling thing.

"They survived the virus outbreak and a mutant attack on the moon. Isolated from their war-torn planet, a skeleton crew, still raw from gene therapy travel back to Enceffia. Desperate to find survivors, they are forced to abandon their loved ones and the relationships easing their new incarnations.

Is anyone left alive? Will their new world find ways to kill them or will they be annihilated by the rebel Hunter forces hell bent on bringing down the Alliance?"

(I blame Larissa Ione, had she never created Seminus Demons that died if they didn't have sex several times a day I wouldn't have taken the %&*% and genetically modified humans to use sex for pain control!)

message 2: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4580 comments Mod
I think you should start with the second sentence and place the first sentence after that

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Good thanks that makes sense.

message 4: by Amy (last edited May 25, 2017 05:54AM) (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments "Isolated from their war-torn planet, a skeleton crew, still raw from gene therapy travel back to Enceffia.

They survived the virus outbreak and a mutant attack on the moon. Desperate to find survivors, they are forced to abandon their loved ones and the relationships easing their new incarnations.

Is anyone left alive on the planet? Will their new world find ways to kill them or will they be annihilated by the rebel Hunter forces hell bent on bringing down the Alliance?

Nate and Day is the sequel to Modified the "hilarious and sexy" first book in the Lunar Medical Series."

If I put that last bit on the end I don't have to try to work it in to the blurb in some way. #IJustWriteStoriesIDontDoBlurbsOrSoddingCoverArtGrrrrr

message 5: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4580 comments Mod
I think that works better!!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Thanks. It compares to things I've read over the years. I'm very much WTH at the moment about so many things.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments A skeleton crew, still raw from gene therapy, must leave behind their loved ones and travel to Enceffia in a desperate rescue bid.

Will they find survivors, or death, from the planet itself or from rebellious Hunter forces hell-bent on bringing down the Alliance?

Will they prevail? Or will they let the clothes fall where they may?

Nate and Day is the sequel to Modified, the 'hilarious and sexy' first book in the Lunar Medical Series.

(I felt it needed the insertion of the preposterous before the end)

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4624 comments That definitely adds 'you' to the blurb, Amy.

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments It was lacking that certain absurdity.

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread