Cozy Mysteries discussion

Book and Series discussions > What is on your Summer Reading List?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by wonderwomand (last edited May 24, 2017 08:26AM) (new)

wonderwomand | 32 comments Since I saw the Goodreads post about Summer Reading, it occurred to me to ask about your Summer Reading List.

Here is my Summer Reading List so far:

A Crime of Passion Fruit by Ellie Alexander

On Her Majesty's Frightfully Secret Service
by Rhys Bowen

The Paris Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal

message 2: by Valerie (last edited May 24, 2017 08:15AM) (new)

Valerie | 440 comments I have several from this year's PopSugar Challenge that are on my list. They are larger tomes that need to have my attention.

A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail
I, Elizabeth
The Mists of Avalon
Mindfulness for Teachers: Simple Skills for Peace and Productivity in the Classroom

And, the book club at the library is doing
The Hundred-Foot Journey

I also have several authors with books coming out that will be added to my TBR summer pile. But, that is my starting point.

message 3: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 32 comments Loved Mists of Avalon.

Great reading list!

Valerie wrote: "I have several from this year's PopSugar Challenge that are on my list. They are larger tomes that need to have my attention.

[book:A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Tr..."

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Valerie wrote: "I have several from this year's PopSugar Challenge that are on my list. They are larger tomes that need to have my attention.

[book:A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Tr..."

Mists of Avalon IS a great book!!

message 5: by Patrizia (new)

Patrizia | 223 comments I loved Mists of Avalon too! I read it many years ago...

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnali) | 524 comments Well, since it's not summer here in Australia, nothing really different. But I am trying to read the unread books on my shelves. Most are mysteries, though not all are cozies, but some are general fiction and I have a few classics. The may be the year I make it through Vanity Fair or The Count of Monte Cristo.

message 7: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3840 comments Mod
Well, the new Jayne Castle's book and some rereads but, aside of that, no idea...

message 8: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 39120 comments I have a few books that I have won and a few on NetGalley that I need to read and review this summer inbetween packing up the house to get it ready to sell.

message 9: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (ogkoala_100) | 5 comments Paula wrote: "I have a few books that I have won and a few on NetGalley that I need to read and review this summer inbetween packing up the house to get it ready to sell."
Congrats

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 39120 comments Thank you. I've been pretty lucky here on GoodReads and then on some of the author's Facebook page's or websites or different book blogs I follow.

message 11: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (last edited May 30, 2017 11:12AM) (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 18212 comments Mod
I haven't though too much about summer reading, but a couple (other) book club selections I plan to read in July include Curtain: Poirot's Last Case by Agatha Christie (June), and Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (July, and which I am leading).

message 12: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 32 comments Adding more books:

the new Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich

the new Paws and Claws book by Krista Davis

the new Christmastown book by Vicky Delany

message 13: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 142 comments I'm more of a mood reader, so I usually don't plan ahead what I want to read unless i've been itching to read it for awhile. My next read will probably be Sweetheart by Chelsea Cain

message 14: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 32 comments How true about the mood. Sometimes I am not in the mood to read something. I had tried and tried to read a certain book that everyone liked. One day I was finally in the mood to read that book and I loved it!

I think the title was Sweet Potato Pie Society set on the islands off the coast of England during the War.

message 15: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 2982 comments Diana wrote: "How true about the mood. Sometimes I am not in the mood to read something. I had tried and tried to read a certain book that everyone liked. One day I was finally in the mood to read that book and ..."

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

This one Diana?

message 16: by BarbaraH (new)

BarbaraH | 57 comments I'm reading
Ghost Gone Wild
Ghost Gone Wild by Carolyn G. Hart

message 17: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 1887 comments The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

Great book , and excellently narrated...

message 18: by R.L. Syme (new)

R.L. Syme | 16 comments I’m reading “How to Murder a Millionaire (Movie Club Mysteries, Book 3)” by Zara Keane, because I loved the first two books. And “From Sand and Ash” by Amy Harmon because a friend recommended it—said it was one of the best books she’s read, so I’m on board. I’m also reading "Lost Horse Park" by Troy B. Kechely. He’s a Montana author and another friend recommended his book—historical fiction about Montana.