Rocket Boys - Yourell THS discussion

Rocket Boys (Coalwood #1)
This topic is about Rocket Boys
Week 3

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Yourell | 3 comments Mod
Remember: We only have until 5/30 to comment on GoodReads.

What's your favorite chapter so far and why?

message 2: by Halle (new) - added it

Halle Burkhalter | 3 comments I think my favorite chapter so far is chapter 2 because it tells about Homers home and school life and you can really see what life was like for him. You can see the struggles he went through at school with bullying and at home with the relationship with his brother and how that has changed over time.

message 3: by Miranda (last edited May 25, 2017 07:59AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Miranda Geszvain | 3 comments My favorite chapter is chapter 11 because it is when everyone cheers on Homer and his "team" at their rocket launch as if they were as important as the football team to the their fellow students.

message 4: by Jacob (last edited May 25, 2017 07:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacob | 3 comments My favorite Chapter currently is Chapter 6 "Mr. Bykovski". I chose this chapter because it's when Homer planned out to have a rocket club "Big Creek Missile Agency" (BCMA) and told Roy Lee, Sherman, and O'Dell about his plan.

Wyatt | 2 comments My favorite chapter is chapter 5 because he goes at the beginning he goes from hanging with the Quientin and convincing him to build a rocket, with him being very smart and making it seem so simple. He goes from hanging out with Quientin to then hanging out with Dorothy at her house, but she avoids going to the dance with him.

message 6: by Mallory (new)

Mallory Pierce | 3 comments My favorite chapter so far would be chapter 6. This chapter tells the beginning of the friendship between the boys and Quientin. Also it is where the Big Creek Missile Agency is created.

message 7: by Jezzie (new)

Jezzie Graf | 3 comments My favorite chapter is chapter six because they got a kitten and that they had to get her fixed and she would be the first animal in that town to be spayed.

message 8: by Brianna (new) - added it

Brianna Battista | 2 comments My favorite chapter so far is chapter two because it shows that things don't always work out the first time and you need to keep trying if you don't succeed at first. In chapter two it also explains what life is like for Homer.