Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > update series

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Jaye | 97 comments Hi, I've added new covers for my series and renumbered them so there are now 6 primary works.
https://www.goodreads.com/series/1226...

Could you update the series file on my author page to reflect this?

message 2: by David (last edited May 24, 2017 09:34AM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments It seems to me like the first one is a novella (90 pages) and the rest are novels. Therefore, the current numbering is the correct one according to Goodreads policies.

The new editions need to marked as alternative covers, I'll do that later tonight.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
David wrote: "It seems to me like the first one is a novella (90 pages) and the rest are novels. Therefore, the current numbering is the correct one according to Goodreads policies."

Agreed. Please see https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

message 4: by David (last edited May 25, 2017 12:23AM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments Titles were corrected by someone else.
I marked the new editions of the first three books (0.5, 1, 2) as alternate cover editions (ACEs). I set the release dates as April 2017 for book 0.5 and May 2017 for books 1-2. If you have a more accurate dates do let us know.
The last three books were still not updated on Amazon so I'm not sure what you are planning. Are they going to be released later? When is this planned to occur? Please let us know.

message 5: by Emma (last edited May 25, 2017 04:53AM) (new)

Emma Jaye | 97 comments Books 4, 5 and 6 are still in review on amazon, they have been previously published, just with different numbering and covers.

There is no longer a book 0.5.
I changed the numbering so Call girls; The Beginning is now book 1. it is a shorter book, but it is a full story with the same characters as in the other books. It is part of the series.
Merissa is 2
Sasha is 3
Lucy is 4
Emily is 5
Missy is 6.

can the person who changed my numbering, please put it back the way I wanted, the way they will appear on amazon?

message 6: by David (last edited May 25, 2017 05:00AM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments Goodreads guideline mean we often use different numbering than the author wishes.

However, I noticed "The Beginning" which used to be 90 pages, now appears on Amazon as 158 pages, so perhaps what you are requesting agrees with the guidelines. I am going to leave this decision to one of the more experienced librarian (or rivka).

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Jaye | 97 comments Beginnings has been extended. it is now 36K.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

It's still novella-length. The numbering is correct as per Goodreads policy, as linked above.

message 9: by Emma (last edited May 25, 2017 09:09AM) (new)

Emma Jaye | 97 comments What is the official definition of a novella?
I have removed 'novella' from the goodreads description. If you let me know how many more words I need to add to the manuscript I'll get that sorted ASAP.
At the moment, the goodreads titles do not reflect the amazon ones and it will confuse readers.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Amazon and Goodreads numbering of series frequently do not match.

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma Jaye | 97 comments You didn't answer my question. Can you tell me what goodreads defines as a novella?

I'd like the titles (which includes numbering) to be identical on both sites. Plus I'd like the books in the series to be linked on goodreads as they are elsewhere.
The titles no longer reflect the books. The numbering is PART of the title. Merissa is not 'Merissa' (call girls #1)
it is Call girls 2: Merissa.

The definition I've seen is that a novella is under 40K. Is this the definition goodreads uses?