UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Author Zone - Readers Welcome! > The KDP Reports Tool Amazon Forgot to Give to Authors

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Zanon | 6 comments What AKreport is about.

AKreport is the best tool in the market to transform your vanilla KDP sales dashboard to a useful one. Save hours of trying to figure how much money you made through your book's sales.

Knowing exactly how much money you made in any period, can now be a matter of seconds. You just have to look at it. No more calculators, spreadsheets and hours lost in your sales dashboard.

Some of AKreport's features:

• No need to upload or install anything.
• Track your KDP, KENP and paperback royalties separately and per store.
• Track the sales rank and rating of your books.
• Customize your dashboard according to your preference.
• Have your whole sales analytics in a super slick panel.
• Sort your data according to your criteria.
• Create custom book lists according to your needs.
• Use custom book aliases for easy tracking.
• Auto-import your data from previous months and start right away.

⇨ Try it for free now at akreport.com

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Well, authors?

Worthwhile or a scam?

message 3: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Zanon | 6 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Well, authors?

Worthwhile or a scam?"

I'd really like it if you could give it a try and then report back. I think it'll worth your time.

message 4: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Barton | 1 comments Yes, it is totally worth it. I have been using the tool for several months now. Having struggled with the default Amazon reporting screen for ages, AKreport is a breath of fresh air. Highly recommended!

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21830 comments How much does it cost?

message 6: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 3 comments I actually love the tool. I am relatively new in Amazon Kindle and its processes and it was difficult for me to get accustomed with its reporting and all. I needed more details and more structure. AKreport did that for me, so yes. Recommended hands down.

message 7: by Roberto (last edited May 23, 2017 10:12AM) (new)

Roberto Zanon | 6 comments Jim wrote: "How much does it cost?"

There are two tiers available. The basic one at $10/mo and the Pro at $20/mo.

You can check all the details at the main page. akreport.com :)

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9071 comments That's a month, folks

message 9: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Zanon | 6 comments Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) wrote: "That's a month, folks"

Yes, edited my post, sorry about forgetting that.

message 10: by Michael Cargill (new)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2997 comments This thread is bollocks.

Look at Bridget's profile. Created this month, only a member of this particular group, has made the grand total of one comment.

Anastasia's profile is older but suspiciously light.

Neither of them appear to have an author profile.

Spam, spam, astroturfing, and spam.

message 11: by DebsD (new)

DebsD | 13 comments Michael Cargill wrote: "This thread is bollocks."

Yup. Flagged to GR.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Think I'm with you there, Mike.

message 13: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Seems like another attempt to sell shovels in the Klondyke?

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9071 comments I thought there was a claque appearing...

message 15: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 3 comments First of all, just to set the record straight, as I said in my comment above, “I am relatively new in Amazon Kindle and its processes”, which as a personal translation means I have been using AKreport for the past 5 months for anyone who would like to know. Regarding the “author” comment, I have been actually going under a pen name, which of course is my absolute prerogative not to reveal to anyone and I mean anyone if I don’t wish to. This account is my personal one and I use it as I wish of course, whether that is to help someone with my review or take the suggestions of others. As anyone might see from my profile I just joined the Amazon Kindle Forum (and I am about to join further ones), as until a few hours ago, I hadn’t even realized there was a Forum of such kind in Goodreads. Thankfully, being a member of something like an “ARC team” for AKreport, although it’s probably not the right term, but one that authors probably do understand (and I am also a paying customer for the tool), I have been invited to contribute with my review whether good or bad. What I attempted to do with it is actually help and share my experience until now. What I am trying to say here is that anyone can post his or her opinion and it’s more than respected on my part, whether I agree or not. So please, if you don’t like my opinion just don’t like it, but honestly, please at least respect it. I am certainly doing that and I have no intention of going further with this. My info, whatever I am willing to share that is, is on my profile and laid for anyone to see. Thank you and sorry for this long scale posting which you obviously don’t have to read if you don’t want to. I’m also sorry if I seem to be offensive here, and I apologize in advance, but never did I expect that I would have to defend my personal info until now. Hope you all truly have a wonderful day.

message 16: by Michael Cargill (new)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2997 comments So share your experience then.

message 17: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 3 comments Ok, then. Thank you, Michael. As I said, I am new to this business. I am not a technical gig or really related so much to technology, pretty much a newbie. Starting with AKreport's trial, I saw how easy it was for me to use it and actually understand it, and that did the trick for me. I can see the earnings of the day from my phone or laptop anytime, I can get a report for any time period I wish easily and I can see exactly which book is the most profitable for me instantly or until that moment (I have published 2 small novels until now). Basically, I can see what works for me and my books. Maybe it's because I am a beginner with Amazon Kindle and I don't know how to fully use it or maybe it's because I have a lot to learn. Maybe I will find something that works better for me in the future and I am always open to suggestions, but the truth is that this tool made my life easier until now and that's the update I have to give to you guys at this moment. Hope that helps.

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21830 comments to put it bluntly, if I started paying somebody $10 or $20 a month, frankly, after I deducted costs of editing etc AKreport would show a better margin out of my books than I do.

On a 99p book ($1.24) I get 35%, so I get $0.43. So the first 23 (or 46) books I sell a MONTH go to pay for this

let's look at if from another point of view. It doesn't actually make you money or sell you more books, it's just a handy tool to make things easier to understand.
So how much of your income should you spend on it. It's not really an investment, it might save you a little bit of time on paperwork, but is it time you need to spend on the grounds that Amazon is going to pay you the money anyway?

So let's say you're selling $3 so you should get the 70% royalty option so you get $2.1
But you've your costs of editing, front cover etc, and you're going to write these off over the first thousand books, (because you're optimistic like that) So we'll say the profit per book is $1.5
You don't want to spend more than 1% on a tool to make life easier but isn't necessary

So at the cheapest level you're selling 666 full price books a Month for this thing to be worth it.
You're selling nearly 8000 books a year
Actually it could be justified with less on the grounds that by month three you've paid off editing and cover cost so the margin is higher.

But to put it bluntly, if you're churning out two of these a year, even allowing for a drop off in sales once the book has been on the market twelve months, you're probably a professional earning your living from writing

message 19: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Frankly, I have no problem interpreting the stats provided by Amazon, so certainly would not consider paying for this.

message 20: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Hosken (goodreadscomsjhosken) | 22 comments Excuse me if I'm being daft, but Amazon gives us the live sales dash board to show what we are selling. Then a running total at the bottom for actual royalties earned so you don't need to do the maths. And unless they have a month where Kindle Unlimited subscribers slow down on their reading, you have a fair idea of what you will get with that as well. Oh, and spreadsheets that give totals whenever you want. Struggling to see the need for such a service, and I'm not a tech witch. Sorry to jump on the train, but this boggled my sleep deprived mind. As you were.

message 21: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 4053 comments This one seems iffy. I didn't want to click on the link from the spammy first post so I googled "AKreports". Found this:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topi...

It does appear to be a thing. Whether it's a thing you want or need is another question. It's a relatively new service trying to make money out of a souped-up version of Amazon KDP data. There are some people who seem to be genuine users so maybe it's not entirely spam.

Like Michael I was somewhat underwhelmed with "Bridget" who joined in May 2017 and hasn't read anything but has 210 friends already. Profiles like that make me sceptical as hell.

All told, I think it's genuine but quite overpriced. The pitch probably comes across as a little spammier than it really is.

Kboards is reporting some issues with data confidentiality.

message 22: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Zanon | 6 comments Hello all, thanks for the input. Well whether it's useful or not it depends on how much each author values his time. Apparently, at the moment, more than 100 paid customers believe it worths the monthly fee.

But I'd strongly advise you to be a bit more hesitant when you accuse someone's hard work as a scam or anything similar.

My colleague and I have worked very hard for the last 1.5r years to make the app work, according to user feedback.

There have been some temporary vulnerabilities for a few days that were ironed out. And the whole issue was analyzed in this post here.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topi...

Please take a look if you want to know what really happened.

Apart from that, I don't understand why people always tend to think the worst thing. Why so much skepticism? This might be a fault on our end that we haven't communicated the message correctly in the first place. Or maybe my original post was too salesy.

In any case, I want to apologize if I gave the impression I want to push it to you. My only intention is to make our app known and help a few people understand that they can save their precious time. The app is 100% legitimate, and we offer a 30-day free trial to test it out.

Many of our customers, for example, make the majority of their sales through KU. That data is either hard to calculate in real-time, or you need to wait two weeks after the .xls file to come out for the previous month.

As a simple example let me illustrate this. If someone is making like 80% of his income from KU, all he sees in the vanilla KDP dashboard is a line chart with pages read. It might not be worth to you to know how much money you made month to date, but there are hundreds of authors who make a lot of money, and they do care about it. Instead of using their calculators to multiply and sum dozens of numbers, or manually refreshing the Amazon page for every book they have published, they simply use our app. For them, saving half and hour per day justifies the $10 or $20 per month.

AKreport solves a lot of problems that have to do mainly with fast and accurate reporting and statistics.

I'm also available to answer any other questions you might have.

Thanks a lot :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Roberto, we have had literally thousands of scams posted in the group over the years by fly-by posters.

Of course that has made us extremely sceptical.

I can't see that changing.

message 24: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Zanon | 6 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Roberto, we have had literally thousands of scams posted in the group over the years by fly-by posters.

Of course that has made us extremely sceptical.

I can't see that changing."

Totally getting what you mean Patti, and sorry if my tone was a bit off. Anyway, I hope I can provide some information about our app.

Also I totally get it why people are so sceptical, although our app far from a scam case.

(of course that's what all scammers say haha)

Anyway, we 're here for more than a year and we intend to stay for more longer providing the best service we can to KDP authors.

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1691 comments I'm with Jim, David, S.J. and others.

I've enough information - and I love stats - but I need more writing time so there's little time to pore over more stats.

Each to their own though.

message 26: by H.E. (new)

H.E. Bulstrode (goodreadscomhebulstrode) | 58 comments It looks like a waste of time and money to me. The KDP reporting dashboard is easy enough to understand.

message 27: by Patsy (new)

Patsy Collins | 180 comments I think I'm missing something here - the KDP dashboard seems to clearly show how much I've earned without the need to look at it for hours or use calculators and spreadsheets.

Won't customising and sorting and all that use time, rather than saving it?