The TBR Support Group discussion

General > What is your current TBR count?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ceara (new)

Ceara (cereads) This is a thread to share your current TBR count!

My TBR pile has *drumroll*

-

-
-

-
-
-

227 books!!! (This is books I own but have not read!)

message 2: by Mridula (new)

Mridula Gupta (mridula_gupta) about 20. and i am stocking up more :P

message 3: by Ceara (new)

Ceara (cereads) MRIDULA wrote: "about 20. and i am stocking up more :P"

Wow, I wish I had twenty! Do you have any tips on keeping your TBR low? (I have kind of a book buying problem, lool)

message 4: by Mridula (new)

Mridula Gupta (mridula_gupta) I think the best way to reduce TBR other than reading them is to sort them out first by reading the blurb. And then deciding whether you still want to read the book or not. And maybe combine reading two books at a time- a slow one and an exciting one. It helps me all the time.Hope this made sense :P

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (katepfeil) | 2 comments I currently have between 45-50... more if you're counting all the books I own but haven't read - though, some of those I never plan to read so I took off my tbr lol. This is the biggest its every been but I'm getting more soon (oh no)! Unfortunately I have to get it down to 0 by the end of the year since I'm going away in the Spring of 2018 and can't bring any books :( Hopefully I'll fly through all of them!! :D

message 6: by Ceara (new)

Ceara (cereads) MRIDULA wrote: "I think the best way to reduce TBR other than reading them is to sort them out first by reading the blurb. And then deciding whether you still want to read the book or not. And maybe combine readin..."

That makes sense to me! Thank you for your tips!

Kate wrote: "I currently have between 45-50... more if you're counting all the books I own but haven't read - though, some of those I never plan to read so I took off my tbr lol. This is the biggest its every b..."

That's a great goal! Good luck to you! Where abouts are you going next year?

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura Noble MRIDULA wrote: "I think the best way to reduce TBR other than reading them is to sort them out first by reading the blurb. And then deciding whether you still want to read the book or not. And maybe combine readin..."

That's definitely a great way to go about it! I will sometimes read a book while listening to another on audio. I count a book as reading in any format, so there have been times where I'm reading a physical copy, listening on cd book, and conquering the e-book version.

Here on Goodreads, my TBR is listed at 81. It's not entirely accurate though, because I do not list multiple sequels following a book I have not read yet. Most likely it's closer to 115.

I think my TBR hovers near 100 and tends to stay there because I go through a binge and purge cycle a lot! I'll finish close to 5 books in a week and then have dry spell for a couple weeks. And, of course, at work in the library I am constantly seeing new and never seen books that are of interest.

message 8: by Laine (new)

Laine Sanderson  (laine_meyer) | 2 comments 23. Not too bad.

message 9: by Diamond (new)

Diamond | 2 comments Well, mine is 102 books and it's growing :(