Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
This topic is about Chilled
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Series Reads > Chilled (Bone Secrets #2) by Kendra Elliot [Start Date: June 26, 2017]

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited May 22, 2017 06:21PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

Chilled by Kendra Elliot

As a forensic nurse on a search and rescue team, Brynn Nealey braves a dangerous blizzard to find the survivors of a plane crash in the Cascade Mountains. Joining her is Alex Kinton, a former US marshal with self-destructive tendencies. Alex lies his way onto Brynn’s team to find the man who killed his brother—and then return the favor. But once the team members reach the plane’s wreckage, they discover everyone aboard has perished…except for the man Alex is hunting. Alex will do whatever it takes to track his target through the vast, snowy wilderness.

As the temperatures drop, however, so do Alex’s defenses. His contact with the sharp, kindhearted Brynn makes his lust for vengeance difficult to reconcile with his growing feelings for a woman who risks her life to help others. What will happen to Alex’s savage instincts when he finally has the opportunity to confront his brother’s killer?

In Chilled, the next thrilling tale in the Bone Secrets saga, Golden Heart finalist Kendra Elliot weaves an icy tale of cold nights, cold hearts, and cold-blooded killers.

As always expect spoilers!

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm excited for this one! I hope I'm not the only one ..

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm in!

Lauren (laurenjberman) Very excited ShoSho!

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Yaay!

message 8: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I'm following the discussion, so I'm excited to hear what everyone thinks of it!

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I started this morning, listened to about 30 minutes. So far So good the only problem that I was already freezing walking to work and listening to this makes me feel colder! lol

message 10: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jun 25, 2017 06:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 3

(view spoiler)

message 11: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments ooooh I just remembered! It's Alex from book 1!

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm starting today

Lauren (laurenjberman) Comments up to chapter 2 (including):

This story reminds me of the movie Shoot to Kill with Sidney Poitier, Tom Berenger and Clancy Brown about a criminal disguised as a hiker being chased through the mountains by an FBI agent - great film!

Anyhoo...

Alex - (view spoiler)

Darrin - (view spoiler)

Brynn - (view spoiler)

Liam - (view spoiler)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Comments up to chapter 5 (including):

Alex - (view spoiler)

Whitenhall - (view spoiler)

The SAR team - (view spoiler)

message 15: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in the middle of chapter 6
(view spoiler)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I think I have a more suspicious nature than you do ShoSho :0)

Ryan - (view spoiler)

Liam - (view spoiler)

Alex - (view spoiler)

message 17: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jun 26, 2017 11:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lauren wrote: "I think I have a more suspicious nature than you do ShoSho :0)

Ryan - [spoilers removed]

Liam - [spoilers removed]

Alex - [spoilers removed]"

Wow that's true. That is interesting, we are reading the sae book. A reason foe this different opinion could be the difference between listening to the audio and reading. I'm listening!
I didn't have much time today I'm in chapter 8 . Ch 7 &8 gave a good background about Alex and what happened with his brother. And I think the bad .guy is obvious now.

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments A forensic nurse? Hey, why haven't I started this series?

Lauren (laurenjberman) Comments up to chapter 10 (not including):

Alex's background - (view spoiler)

Liam - (view spoiler)

Whitenhall - (view spoiler)

message 20: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Whitenhall:
(view spoiler)
Romance
(view spoiler)

message 21: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "A forensic nurse? Hey, why haven't I started this series?"

LOL You should :)

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jun 28, 2017 12:44AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 13
(view spoiler)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Whittenhall - (view spoiler)

Romance - (view spoiler)

message 24: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm done . I really enjoyed it.
(view spoiler)

message 25: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Looking forward to the next one

Lauren (laurenjberman) Comments up to chapter 18 (not including):

This plane crash site (view spoiler)

Brynn and Alex - (view spoiler)

Liam - (view spoiler)

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lauren wrote: "Comments up to chapter 18 (not including):

This plane crash site [spoilers removed]

Brynn and Alex - [spoilers removed]

Liam - [spoilers removed]"

the plane crash site(view spoiler)
Brynn and Alex (view spoiler)

message 28: by Lauren (last edited Jun 28, 2017 11:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lauren (laurenjberman) Finished last night and I enjoyed it but (view spoiler)

Brynn - (view spoiler)

Robin (robinmy) I finished Chilled earlier in the week, but haven't had a chance to stop in until tonight. I really enjoyed this book. I loved the setting and thought the suspense was well written.

I agree that this book is more thriller than romantic suspense. I didn't mind the "romance" between Alex and Brynn, but thought it could have been better. I agree that she annoyed me with her mixed signals.

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Can I read this one without reading the first one?

message 31: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Can I read this one without reading the first one?"

Absolutely if you don't mind reading out of order. The stories are not connected. The hero had a very small part in the first book.

message 32: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I usually read series in order... but I'm not extreme about it. Looks like you all weren't all that crazy about the first one.

message 33: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments #1 had its problems but I liked it.

Lauren (laurenjberman) The romance in #1 was better than #2 but the suspense in #2 was better.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Chilled (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kendra Elliot (other topics)