Flower Mound Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Topics > June Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Flower Mound Public Library (flowermoundpubliclibrary) | 105 comments Mod
Join us for monthly reading challenges! Each month we'll post a genre or topic along with some examples. Feel free to post the title or titles you pick and discuss them here.

The June topic is adult literary fiction. Here are some examples:
The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler
The After Party by Anton DiSclafani
The Girls by Emma Cline
Rules of Civility by Amor Towles

Happy reading!

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill (esperanzaj) Has anyone picked a title (or titles) yet? I've read all of the examples given except for The Girls. Amor Towles recently published A Gentleman in Moscow, which I also read and loved, but Rules of Civility has a special place in my heart. I highly recommend it!

“I've come to realize that however blue my circumstances, if after finishing a chapter of a Dickens novel I feel a miss-my-stop-on-the-train sort of compulsion to read on, then everything is probably going to be just fine.”
― Amor Towles, Rules of Civility

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 1 comments I've read The Girls and I would not recommend it. It was slow and boring. Since We Fell by Dennis LeHane. Starts slow but picks up around page 200 and is good right up until the end. Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough is pretty good. About a lady that has a one night stand and finds out he's her new boss and it goes from there. Loved the ending.

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill (esperanzaj) Rebecca wrote: "I've read The Girls and I would not recommend it. It was slow and boring. Since We Fell by Dennis LeHane. Starts slow but picks up around page 200 and is good right up until the end. Behind Her Eye..."

Thanks Rebecca! I'm adding those last 2 titles you mentioned to my reading list. I've never read LeHane but this title has caught my eye.

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill (esperanzaj) Here are a few discussion questions to get you guys started.

For the book or books you chose this month: What made you want to read it? What made you suggest it to the group for discussion? Did it live up to your expectations? Why or why not?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.