Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Matt Scudder Mysteries
This topic is about The Matt Scudder Mysteries
Page Numbering Requests > ISBN 0752846280 needs page count (and cover image) fixes

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (last edited May 22, 2017 07:48AM) (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 220 comments The Omnibus edition: "The Matt Scudder Mysteries (Matthew Scudder #1-3)" ISBN 0752846280.

No page count. Should be 394 (as noted on another edition).

As well, the image is messed up, so I'm uploading a copy of it, for correction:
description

Thank you.

message 2: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments I replaced the corrupt cover with a new one from Amazon.
The page count is a little problematic. Amazon lists 416 pages. Worldcat lists 608 pages. You say it's 394.
First, please verify the ISBN inside the book. Sometimes publishers leave an older ISBN on the cover and the correct one is only found inside. Sometimes several ISBNs are listed inside. Let us know your findings.
Second, please explain if there is any other material after page 394, or is page 394 the last page of the book.
If we are certain this is the page count for this ISBN, we will prefer book-in-hand evidence over other sources.

message 3: by James (last edited May 22, 2017 09:21AM) (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 220 comments I gave the ISBN on the book. Another version on this site lists the 394 pages that are in my book. There is no other material. I have the book in my hand.

As per pages numbers: the other paperback version on your own site (this one) lists it as 394 pages, but I'll upload a pic, anyway. I couldn't even find a page count on Amazon, for this edition.

Additional material: 14 blank pages.

Note, in the picture below, I have fanned the pages a bit to show that only blank ones follow page 394, which is also clear. I have no idea why worldcat is so egregiously incorrect, for this ISBN (I double-checked), but here's the evidence:

(if it's absolutely necessary, I can take another pic of the ISBN on the book, but I'd rather not have to)

description

message 4: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 220 comments And here's a link to the other book page that has the same page numbers, from this site:

The Matt Scudder Mysteries

and

"The Matt Scudder Mysteries" alternate edition (paperback)

message 5: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 220 comments Thanks.

message 6: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments Picture wasn't necessary, I just wanted you to double check, you'd be amazed to know how many times a request is for the wrong book.
Done.

message 7: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 220 comments Thank you, again.