Mental Health Bookclub discussion

MHB Reading Challenge 2017/18 > 14. Ask an MHB member to choose a book for you

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthais) We tried this last year and I thought it worked really well! I certainly got a great book out of it

To participate in this task, please post a link to the bookshelf you want other members to choose from. It can be your generic "to-read" shelf or another shelf you've created for this.

The person after you should click on the link and pick any book they like from the shelf, post it in this thread and so it continues.

Example:

Person A: Please pick a book from my To-Read shelf (include link)

Person B: I choose this book for you (post link). Please pick a book from my To-Read shelf (include link)

Person C: I choose this book for you (post link)...

And so it continues - make sense? You just need to then read that book at some point before the challenge ends. If it goes quiet for too long I'll jump in and pick a book for the most recent person. Also come back once you've read it and tell us what you thought!

If you've never posted a link before, click on the "(some html is ok)" just above the top right corner of the comment box and it will show you how.

message 2: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthais) I'll start us off.

Could someone please choose a book from my Next Reads shelf?

message 3: by Ean (new)

Ean Hello Martha. Has anyone made a suggestion? If not, may I suggest The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Interested in hearing what you think of it!

When you have the opportunity please pick a book from my to-read shelf

Thank you!

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthais) Thanks Ian, look forward to reading it!

I choose Life After Life by Kate Atkinson - I really enjoyed reading it, it's an interesting concept

message 5: by Ean (new)

Ean HI Martha. I just finished Life After Life. How can a book feel so complete yet incomplete at the same time? It was good. Thanks for the recommendation :)

message 6: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthais) Yay glad you liked it! There’s another one which is apparently not a sequel but it’s related, about her brother Teddy, but haven’t had a chance to read that

message 7: by Ean (new)

Ean Hey I might just check that out! Thanks Martha. I am just watching the movie Mr. Nobody and it made me think of this book. some parallels in the story concept. Its sorta makes you think.. anyhow ttyl!