♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Authors - wanna discuss? > Looking For Free Editing & Proofreading Services

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) I am looking for a professional or close to professional (aka really good) editor who can edit and proofread my books.

I have three books due out I the next three months. I have an editor for the first one which is released on June 6th but I need an editor for the two books following my first. One is due to be released on the 4th of July and the other one is due to be released on the 16th of August.

Here is the thing, I am currently flat broke and unemployed. I understand those who are true genuine professional editors and proofreaders require some kind of cash payment. But I am willing to pay in other ways - promote your editing and proofreading business on my site as well as acknowledge you within my books. If you are an author who is looking for book promotions as well as book reviews or beta reading - I will be more than happy to review, promote, or beta read as a form of payment.  Whatever you need doing (as long as it is related to your editing and proofreading services or author or book), - I will do as a form of payment.

But if you edit and proofread for free. If you are a professional or really good editor or proofreader and wanna help me out - please contact me. I would be truly grateful and appreciative to anyone who is willing to help me out in editing and proofreading my books.

message 2: by Melissa (last edited May 23, 2017 08:37AM) (new)

Melissa Ramirez (melissaramirez) | 241 comments Hi Scerina, I'd be willing to take a look at your finished books for you if you like. My name is Melissa Ramirez and I'm actually a recent college grad, (majored in English) searching for some kind of long-term task/job/assignment...really anything related to writing, ideally, to start me off in the working world. I really want to break into the editing/publishing world but I'm still in the early stages of all that.
My ultimate goal is to become an editor or editing assistant with a publishing house. I'm not what you would call a genuine professional, yet, but I interned at my university's literary magazine for a year; and I've edited quite a few academic essays. I read often, and whenever I have a free moment. (I read about 12 books last summer, total.) I've done a bit of my own freewriting, (one story of mine was published in an online magazine) numerous Goodreads reviews since about 2015, and I'm an excellent speller. :)
I don't really have a freelance writing business of my own quite yet, (though I'd like to create something like it) but I'd like the chance to enhance my editing experience by proofing your novel(s), if you would trust me with them.

Return payment can be negotiated; if you're interested, please let me know! I'd like to learn a little more about your novels before we get too deep into logistics. I use Goodreads frequently but we can figure out how to exchange other contact info, if this does move forward. Thanks!

message 3: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) I have contacted you and also I mainly write Paranormal Romance Erotica stories/books.

message 4: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Hinds (avidreader86) I will proofread your books for you. I don't exactly have any professional expertise but I'm an avid reader and I am very good when it comes to spelling and grammar. I would love to help you out.

message 5: by Scerina (new)

Scerina Elizabeth (lisascerina79) Oh that is awesome - I will get in touch with you