The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SUMMER CHALLENGE 2017 > 10.3. - Lean on Me

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4347 comments Mod
10.3. Lean on Me
To celebrate the Leaning Tower of Pisa, read a book in which the word "lean" appears intact in the title/subtitle or author's name.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

reserved

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This help thread is open!

message 5: by Cathy M. (new)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 159 comments Would a last name of McLean work?

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15609 comments Mod
Cathy M. wrote: "Would a last name of McLean work?"

yes, "lean" is intact in the name.

message 7: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 519 comments Do I understand correctly that as long as the word "lean" is found in the title, even if hidden within another word, that's okay? So The Cleansing would work?

message 8: by Bea (new)

Bea | 3815 comments That's the way I understood it also, Camilla. I am reading Clean Sweep

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Camilla wrote: "Do I understand correctly that as long as the word "lean" is found in the title, even if hidden within another word, that's okay? So The Cleansing would work?"

Yes, the task falls for the word to be "found intact" - so as long as all the letters of the word are together, making the word "lean," it works.

message 10: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 519 comments Great, thanks Sandy!

message 12: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 362 comments BriKie wrote: "Here are some ideas I've brainstormed. I'd love to hear other's ideas"

I'm planning to read A River Runs Through It.

I also thought of The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun which I read for the Spring challenge.

I'm also looking forward to reading Eleanor Marx: A Life which would fit for this prompt.

message 13: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 362 comments Would a book by Lean Cullinan be okay? I ask because her name is usually written with an accent on the letter e, although this doesn't appear to be included in the Goodreads record. Thank you!

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Bryony wrote: "Would a book by Lean Cullinan be okay? I ask because her name is usually written with an accent on the letter e, although this doesn't appear to be included in the Goodreads record..."

That's fine.

message 15: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 362 comments Thanks Sandy!