The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SUMMER CHALLENGE 2017 > 5.10- Your Own 8th Wonder

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4348 comments Mod
5.10- Your Own 8th Wonder
Read a book of your choice. Note: Books with the genre "children" or "kids" NOT found in AR Bookfinder MAY be used for this task. Required: If using this exemption, state that the book is not found in ARBookFinder.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4348 comments Mod
This help thread is open!

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky Gust (knitgirl2006) Sorry -- what is the AR Bookfinder?

message 4: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17400 comments Mod
Becky wrote: "Sorry -- what is the AR Bookfinder?"

See the rules for the use of books with the genre Childrens - Book Formats #4.

message 5: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 362 comments Please could I check if When We Were Very Young would work for this task? It does have children as an MPG but it's not on either the UK or US ARBookFinder. It does have illustrations but I don't think there are so many that it would be excluded under the rule about coffee table books and the like. Thank you!

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15624 comments Mod
Bryony wrote: "Please could I check if When We Were Very Young would work for this task? It does have children as an MPG but it's not on either the UK or US ARBookFinder. It does have illustrations ..."

It is listed as a childrens picture book, and from what I can see on the Amazon look inside, has many full page illustrations, as well as the illustrations on pages with some text. If there are at least 100 pages of text in the book, it can be used. I did notice that most editions only have 100-112 pages total.

message 7: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3611 comments Sandy wrote: "Bryony wrote: "Please could I check if When We Were Very Young would work for this task? It does have children as an MPG but it's not on either the UK or US ARBookFinder. It does have..."

I read it a couple of years ago ... there is very little text, unfortunately (though what is there is priceless!)

message 8: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 362 comments Thanks Sandy. Now I've actually got a copy I can see it's not going to add up to 100 pages of text. I'm sure I'll find something else to fit this prompt.

I agree Book Concierge, it's a wonderful book. I'm reading quite a lot of children's poetry at the moment and this is one of my favourites so far.