The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SUMMER CHALLENGE 2017 > 5.2 - Location, Location, Location

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4348 comments Mod
5.2 - Location, Location, Location
Read a book set at least 50% in a location of a medieval wonder: England, Italy, Turkey, China, Egypt.
Required: If the setting is not evident on the book's main page include a reference or quote from the book when you post.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

reserved

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This help thread is open!

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3606 comments I believe Something Rotten takes place in ENGLAND, though the metadata states "United Kingdom"

Would this REVIEW qualify as a sufficient reference?

message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17400 comments Mod
Book Concierge wrote: "I believe Something Rotten takes place in ENGLAND, though the metadata states "United Kingdom"

Would this REVIEW qualify as a sufficient reference?"

It looks like it should work, but you would need to read it to be sure.

message 7: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3606 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Book Concierge wrote: "I believe Something Rotten takes place in ENGLAND, though the metadata states "United Kingdom"
Would this REVIEW qualify as a sufficient reference?"

It looks like it should work, but you would need to read it to be sure...."

Okay ... I'll read it sooner rather than later ... that way if it doesn't meet the location standard I can slot it elsewhere.

message 8: by Melayna (last edited Jun 03, 2017 04:07PM) (new)

Melayna | 8 comments Does the setting have to be in the Medieval time period or just at least one of these specific cities during anytime period?

message 9: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17400 comments Mod
Melayna wrote: "Does the setting have to be in the Medieval time period or just at least one of these specific cities during anytime period?"

One of the countries, any time period.

message 10: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1668 comments Would this book be acceptable? It meets the AR requirements for children's book.

The Story of the Amulet

message 11: by Sandy (last edited Jun 16, 2017 01:16PM) (new)

Sandy | 15618 comments Mod
Wanda wrote: "Would this book be acceptable? It meets the AR requirements for children's book.

The Story of the Amulet"

It appears to take place in a number of places, including Babylon and Atlantis. It works if it is set at least 50% in one of the listed countries.