SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers discussion

The Alliance (The Evox Chronicles #1)
This topic is about The Alliance
Member showcase U through Z > Chris G. Wright-Need beta readers to help me reconstruct my published book The Alliance

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Wright (author_chris_g_wright) | 3 comments Hi folks,

I hope this is the right thread: Here's the thing, I keep noticing that people start reading my book, which comes up on Author's Dashboard. Then, after a while, I see that they drop out, no reviews, no ratings, nothing. As I doubt it's a Goodreads glitch, the only thing I can think of is that maybe readers just get bored of it and quit. A side story in the book is linked to another side story in book 3, but it may be causing readers to wonder why on Earth I've written it. I don't know, but I'd like to find out. My book has been published, and as I'm in the process of sending it back to an editor, this is my chance to maybe remove some parts that are probably hindering the flow.

I'm looking for people willing to go through 436 pages of a dystopian sci-fi adventure and give me some honest feedback. I'll be sending either mobi, epub or pdf to you. Whatever you prefer.

Inbox me if you're interested and we'll take it from there. Thanks for your time.

Chris

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments Hi Chris, welcome to the showcase.

I'm assuming when you say people are reading, you are referring to people who have marked your book as currently reading here on Goodreads? If so, don't pay that any mind. I have some folks who have been 'currently reading' some of my books for nearly five years. You'll notice some people have thousands of books they are currently reading. It just means they use their Goodreads shelves to organize their books a little different or that they hit a wrong button. Also, there is such thing as a marked as read without review. Loads of people read and catalog what they've read without reviewing. You can't take this as an indication of the quality of your work.

Your book has 20 reviews and an average rating of 4.75. clearly, those who have read it, enjoyed it. Unless there is something critical that everyone is harping on, I wouldn't worry too much.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Wright (author_chris_g_wright) | 3 comments Christina wrote: "Hi Chris, welcome to the showcase.

I'm assuming when you say people are reading, you are referring to people who have marked your book as currently reading here on Goodreads? If so, don't pay tha..."

Hi Christina.

Thanks for posting. I don't mind if people don't leave a review, but my book doesn't even appear in their READ shelf, or any shelf. That's what I found odd. So, I assumed they quit halfway. Anyway, it prompted me to write this topic. Some constructive feedback could either help me address possible issues, or avoid them going forward with future releases.