Manchester District Library Book Club discussion

Thich Nhat Hanh
This topic is about Thich Nhat Hanh
2016-2017 Season > June 2017 Discussion: Book of your choice by Thich Nhat Hanh

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shea (new)

Shea | 207 comments Mod
Choose any selection from Thich Nhat Hanh to discuss in June.

message 2: by Shea (new)

Shea | 207 comments Mod
I checked out two of his books but haven't opened either yet. I will let you know what I think. Perhaps my summer potluck selections will be all the reads I didn't manage to finish during the regular season.

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia (juliastrimer) Kathy Harris, Lorri Coburn, Patty Swaney, and I were at the Thich Nhat Hanh discussion--wish others could have been there, since the idea of slowing down and being mindful is so essential in our hectic times.

I read Thich Nhat Hanh: Essential Writings, which I found fascinating. I was especially conscious of his calling attention to danger of allowing ugly thoughts into our life through watching certain shows on television (and I'm sure he'd have included social media). The goodreads blurb says:
"Drawn from more than twenty of the books of Thich Nhat Hanh, these are the essential writings of one of the most popular spiritual writers of today. Thought-provoking and inspiring, this selection is aimed at the mind, body and spirit."

I'm really glad we chose this thoughtful non-fiction philosophy to complete the year, and will be looking for others in a similar vein to bring to potluck. His healing words really help in these difficult times.