Dystopian Society discussion

The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
This topic is about The Book of the Unnamed Midwife
Suggestions > On a comedown after Unnamed Midwife/Book of Etta. Now what?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Phœbe Kitcher | 2 comments These two books were everything I wanted from a dystopia - awesome feminist stuff with trans representation. I have no idea what to read next, as they were so up my street. Has anyone come across anything else like this?

Jane (janeinri) | 420 comments Mod
Hmm, I haven't read them - but I just got The Book of the Unnamed Midwife on Kindle Unlimited. I assume you have read The Handmaid's Tale? I have read a couple of series that are somewhat similar to your description - Eve; the The Breeders sounds very similar.

Hope you find something good - let us know!

Phœbe Kitcher | 2 comments Thank you! I'm reading Oryx and Crake right now as I thought another Atwood might be a good shout.

Jane (janeinri) | 420 comments Mod
Phœbe wrote: "Thank you! I'm reading Oryx and Crake right now as I thought another Atwood might be a good shout."

I really enjoyed that trilogy - we read it in the past year as a group. You can see (and add to!) the discussions by going to either the discussions area or the bookshelf.

Hope you are enjoying it!

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Verkruissen (verkruissen) | 1 comments I just finished The Book of Flora and it's a wonderful conclusion to the series. It's supposed to be out this April!