Dark Tower Project 2017 discussion

Wolves of Calla > Part Three: The Wolves

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily Cait (new)

Emily Cait | 70 comments Mod
How is Part Three of Wolves of the Calla treating you?

message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter Thompson | 6 comments I'm really enjoying it. I stayed up until 1:00 AM last night, rapt with attention at what was happening! I had to force myself to put the book down in favor of getting a decent night's sleep.

It's a great mixture of payoff from suspense that was built throughout the story and the addition of more suspenseful elements at the same time. I also love how each member of the ka-tet seems to be kind of working independently of each other. They are all getting their own spotlight in different ways.

At this point in the narrative, I feel very accustomed to the idiosyncratic dialogue that is characteristic of the Calla Bryn Sturgis. "Yer bugger!" I now feel tempted to tell someone "thank ya big-big" after I've "begged" them to "hear me".

2ndHandBookclan | 6 comments The dialogue is really growing on me as well. At first it caught me off guard and I had to try and reason what some of this new slang might mean. But now it seems so natural. I'd remembered it beginning with The Wizard and Glass but I was corrected last night. My girlfriend just started the gunslinger and kept asking me what all the new terms meant. I didn't remember it being interstates that early but I guess I was wrong. I think that shows good pacing on Kings part in regards to world immersion. For me it was only a few months ago but the Gunslinger seems like it was so many years back. I'm getting sad that the end is drawing near but what a fun experience it's been!

message 4: by Kyriakos (new)

Kyriakos Sorokkou | 1 comments After almost a month (actually 3 weeks) I managed to finish this book. Not because it was boring but I have reached my reading saturation point at the beginning of June. Now I'm much better.
This was my 2nd read and I felt it was like reading it for the first time; since I read it for the 1st time five years ago.
Now, to make my comment more relevant in this discussion I can say that Part 3 is my favourite, and obviously it moves faster than the previous ones (1: building environment) (2: building characters)