Nothing But the Truth Nothing But the Truth question

Right or Wrong?
Ms. Shabazz Ms. Shabazz May 18, 2017 05:35AM
Right or Wrong?
Friday, March 30, at 11:34 P.M., Philip writes the following in his diary
"It really hit the fan today. So much happened I have a headache. It's going to take a while to think out. Actually, I don't feel so great. In a way, the whole thing is stupid. But everybody says I was right. And I was."
Although Philip calls the situation stupid, he is quick to point out that he is right. Do you think Philip is right, or is he wrong? Explain.

Wrong!
He did not know the words. What was he singing?
What Philip wrote in his diary is slanted in his favor. Readers should pay attention to the reactions of the other students. If the teacher heard him, the other students also heard him.
His problem was that the teacher gave him a bad grade. Gave him? The problem was not that he was humming and then singing, but the way in which he was doing it,

He's right because Phillip shouldn't be kicked out of class just for humming "The Star-Spangled Banner". Even if he wasn't being patriotic, he still shouldn't be suspended. Singing "The Star-Spangled Banner" is far from being disrespectful, let alone something to be suspended for. The school completely over-reacted.

Nadya (last edited May 22, 2017 06:15AM ) May 18, 2017 11:32AM   0 votes
Yes, Philip is right because he was singing the national anthem, using his first right; the freedom of speech. He was born and raised in his neighborhood, which tough him to be patriotic in his way of singing. As the constitution says(i think) you can't take rights from any citizen in America. He has the freedom. Ms. Narwin doesn't need to have a rule discarding any rights from nobody.

I think he is right because Miss Narwin didn't have to kick Philip Malloy out of the classroom just for humming . And he didn't have to get supended for humming. He wasn't even doing it loud he was doing it to himself no one else heard it except Narwin, and Phil thinks she doesn't like him. Also I think she was doing to much when she sent him to the princibles office for humming the " Star Spangled Banner."