Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

32 views
Book Issues > Please help - delete incorrect or merge with correct

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasha (new)


message 2: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5020 comments Merge pending


message 3: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 4 comments Thank you!


message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat | 5 comments Hi!
Under the editions for the book Children Have Got to Be Carefully Taught - https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio... - there are two paperbacks listed with two different ISBNS. This is the correct ISBN for the paperback edition - ISBN: 1494956292 (ISBN13: 9781494956295). The correct listing has 2 ratings and the incorrect listing has 9 ratings. Is there anyway to transfer the ratings/reviews from the wrong ISBN listing to the correct listing and then delete the incorrect one? Thanks!
Kat Michels


message 5: by Cassandra (last edited May 18, 2017 11:22AM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Kat wrote: "Hi!
Under the editions for the book Children Have Got to Be Carefully Taught - https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio... - there are two paperbacks l..."


#4- One edition appears to have the truncated ISBN13 for the other pbk edition; however, the covers are slightly different which means they can't be merged. I'll remove the truncated ISBN13 and mark that edition as an alternate cover edition.


message 6: by Kat (new)

Kat | 5 comments Cassandra wrote: "Kat wrote: "Hi!
Under the editions for the book Children Have Got to Be Carefully Taught - https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio... - there are two ..."


The book has only ever had one cover, so I don't know what the alternate cover would be?


message 7: by Cassandra (last edited May 18, 2017 01:22PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Kat wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Kat wrote: "Hi!
Under the editions for the book Children Have Got to Be Carefully Taught - https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio......"


If you look closely, they're slightly different. See where it reads "illustrated by" and the illustrator's name, the placement is different on both covers. GR policy is not to merge if there are differences in the covers, no matter how slight.


message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat | 5 comments They are both the same image, but the image is square. So they have each been squished to fit into the rectangular box slightly different, hence the difference you are seeing. I am the publisher for this title, there is only one cover for this book.


message 9: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Kat wrote: "They are both the same image, but the image is square. So they have each been squished to fit into the rectangular box slightly different, hence the difference you are seeing. I am the publisher fo..."

We can leave this here and see if a super-librarian or staff member wants to weigh in on it, but I don't feel comfortable merging them with the differences.


message 10: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments The edges are slightly cut off all the way around on the one labelled ACE, including part of the word "Yaar!" I'd vote merge if I had a vote, which I don't. :-)


message 11: by Cassandra (last edited May 18, 2017 01:19PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Abcdarian wrote: "The edges are slightly cut off all the way around on the one labelled ACE, including part of the word "Yaar!" I'd vote merge if I had a vote, which I don't. :-)"

Kat wrote: "They are both the same image, but the image is square. So they have each been squished to fit into the rectangular box slightly different, hence the difference you are seeing. I am the publisher fo..."

I'll post in the deletion thread and see what a super has to say, it can't hurt. I was solely going by the placement of the text, it seemed pretty off to me, but more experienced eyes may disagree! Thanks Abcdarian :)


message 12: by Kat (new)

Kat | 5 comments Cassandra wrote: "Abcdarian wrote: "The edges are slightly cut off all the way around on the one labelled ACE, including part of the word "Yaar!" I'd vote merge if I had a vote, which I don't. :-)"

Kat wrote: "They..."


Thanks to both of you for looking into this! :)


message 13: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5020 comments Now dealt with - merge pending.


message 14: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Thanks, Emy! Sorry for the extra work with the ACE.


message 15: by Kat (new)

Kat | 5 comments Emy wrote: "Now dealt with - merge pending."

Thank you!


back to top