Art Lovers discussion

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments I just commented in the thread Comments from the Moderator in which I stated that I had rearranged the folders. For some reason, though I had moved this folder closer to the top, it isn't showing on my group page. So I wanted to let you know that it is here!

And now that I have brought attention to it, I want to invite more of our talented members to share their work!

message 2: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments oh, now that I posted a new comment, the group is showing toward the top now. I guess I just had to 'restart' a discussion here for the folder to move up. Cool!

Okay I'm waiting for your additions!

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ideiosepius | 136 comments lol. It is funny, at work today I was discussing art with one of our pathologists (I work in a lab) and we agreed that it required a high level of chutzpah to exhibit ones art and open oneself up to criticism.

That is not why I am offering words instead of images though, I will have to wait for a sunny day to take some photos.

message 4: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments I think that's true, though. One would have to be confident enough in oneself to exhibit his or hew own work for all to see (and criticize).

But I look forward to your photos, Deborah!

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ideiosepius | 136 comments Thanks, I am a pretty insipid photographer myself, I will have to wait for a day with good light, when I can conscript my sister into photography duties. I will get there though.

message 6: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1889 comments Deborah wrote: "lol. It is funny, at work today I was discussing art with one of our pathologists (I work in a lab) and we agreed that it required a high level of chutzpah to exhibit ones art and open oneself up t..."

As a former exhibiting artist and present published writer, I can reassure you. All you have to do is remember that people are criticizing something you made, and not criticizing you yourself.

message 7: by Ying Ying (new)

Ying Ying (yingyingshi) | 75 comments I agree with Ruth. In addition, a criticism is only an offer; it is up to you to take it or not.

message 8: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments Ruth and Ying Ying are very wise.

message 9: by Ying Ying (new)

Ying Ying (yingyingshi) | 75 comments Ruth is indeed very wise.

As to me...Heather, you are so kind with your praise! Thank you very much, warm-hearted, open-minded and creative moderator ;-)

message 10: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments Ying Ying wrote: "Ruth is indeed very wise.

As to me...Heather, you are so kind with your praise! Thank you very much, warm-hearted, open-minded and creative moderator ;-)"

Thank you so much, Ying Ying! I just think we have a great group!

message 11: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Yes, we do have a good group but that´s largely due to you.

message 12: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments Geoffrey wrote: "Yes, we do have a good group but that´s largely due to you."

Thank you, Geoffrey. You all make me blush, seriously!

message 13: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Roland | 3 comments Hi, I am an International French painter and I have written a book along with my humble texts, and i see that there is a thread to introduce our works, but i think i got lost in the way, maybe not, well, here it is , I hope you enjoy
Best
Jeff Roland

JEFF ROLAND RETROSPECTIVE: An Exploration of the Magical Universes

message 14: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments Thank you Jeff!

Yes, there is a thread for that but if you posted there and we missed it, shame on us! I’m glad you drew our attention here.

Thank you for your introduction. And welcome… awhile back! Glad to have you amongst us!

message 15: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Roland | 3 comments Thank you so much Heather.. you are very kind. Best from France. I m new on goodreads as an author and must admit i feel a bit lost . haha.

message 16: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments I just now found the time to read the introduction you put with your book to which the link you posted takes us.

I like how you said “Let your mind tell you, and see how your souls deep inside responds.” That sums up art in a nutshell, really.

Great intro to the book! I must say, that before reading the book’s synopsis, I actually thought it was about art in the universe! I am so wrong there!
I hope others will take a few minutes to read what you had to say.

Best of luck with your book!

message 17: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Roland | 3 comments Thank you so much Heather.😊 I am rewriting versions with separated languages as the original here is in English Spanish and French . And a lot of Art. Thanks again . you are very kind

message 18: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8271 comments You are very welcome!