What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. h ran away from H because she wanted more and H thinks of her as a mistress. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Ann | 162 comments I stumbled upon this book somewhere (can't remember how) and it's a short story. I think the book started with the h giving the H an ultimatum and he did not believe that the h will follow through with it. But, surprise surprise, the h stood her ground and went away. I don't remember whether it was a coincidence but the H ended up on the ranch where the h is currently working (her mom is there as well), somewhere in Texas, I believe.
I remember a scene there where the h's mom was having a conversation with the guy and he spoke in Spanish, and because he has green eyes the mom concluded that the guy was from Spain and not from Mexico (somewhere along those lines).

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

message 2: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Ann | 162 comments If I remember correctly, the reason why the h wanted more from the H is because the h has a crappy father...or maybe the h's mother was a mistress. I also think that the h's mother is a housekeeper on the ranch and has been working there for a very long time.

message 3: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Ann | 162 comments I read Silver Bella recently and it reminded me of this book...but I don't know why. Maybe because they're of the same length? I remember another thing about the book I'm looking for as well...
(view spoiler)

And I don't know if this should be considered a spoiler but (view spoiler)

Basically I almost remember everything about the book except for the title, author and character names T.T

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Joyce, around what year did you read this story?

Was it a short story in a collection/anthology? If yes, what was the book's theme?

message 5: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Ann | 162 comments I think I read it just last year, not sure if it's published that year as well though.

It may be part of a collection, again, not that sure. But if it is part of a collection, I think it's about romance novels set on a ranch?

message 6: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 746 comments Following

message 7: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Ann | 162 comments Hey guys! I found the book! It's The Runaway Mistress , don't know why I never thought of that title.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Joyce. Thanks for the update.