What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Murder Mystery set in U.K., part of a series, male MC. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited May 17, 2017 01:07AM) (new)

Heather | 178 comments Looking for this series for my daughter. All she can remember from one of the books in the series was that the main character ended up having a one-night stand with his client at the end, and then they parted ways. The cover of the book may have had a snake on it. It had a pinkish color as a background.
Another book in the series has something to do with rams, possibly having to do with something Satanic. This one may have had a ram's skull on it. The cover's background had a darkish blue, shadowy feel to it.
The writer may or may not be from the U.K. Both books were hardback, and they might have been set in the Victorian Era.
She read the one book, and part of the other one within the last 10 years. One of them may have been a new release, which lead her to the others shelved in the mystery section.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 769 comments Something by Jayne Anne Krentz, writing as Amanda Quick?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33466 comments Mod
I need a coffee. I was actually searching for "Something" by Jayne Ann Krentz / Amanda Quick. :)

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33466 comments Mod
Heather, can you tell us more about the male main character - e.g., private detective, police inspector, rich/poor, interests/skills, family/friends, etc.?

Is it definitely historical?

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather | 178 comments Everything that she could remember is in the description. Sorry!

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 178 comments Kris wrote: "I need a coffee. I was actually searching for "Something" by Jayne Ann Krentz / Amanda Quick. :)"

No, these look more like romance novels, and what she read was definitely mystery genre.

message 7: by Heather (last edited May 21, 2017 08:56PM) (new)

Heather | 178 comments I kept trying to find books with covers like she described, and couldn't find them myself, but in looking around this site, I found the series mentioned in a comment about another mystery writer's books.
C.S. Harris
Where Serpents Sleep is the first book my daughter read, even though it's not the first in the series.

Solved!