Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Asara's First Read-a-Thon!

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Brown (AsaraBaenre) 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Newfoundland, Canada here! Rainy old day here, and the warmest we've seen yet this year at around 13 degrees Celcius.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I'm looking forward to all of them equally - I'm continuing to power through my TBR list today, and that list is currently in the middle of the Redwall series. I'm halfway through one and hoping to get through that, as well as one or possibly two more.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Not too many snacks line up, just some BBQ Ringolos, some popcorn, and some cereal, but I do have some pizza planned for my lunch, so lets say that one!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm a 26 year old Video Game Design student, with a previous Biology degree. I've been reading since I've been 3 (I read Charlotte's Web in Kindergarten), and I've been a book hoarder all my life. Last year I decided to eead through all of my books before getting any new ones, and to clear out my shelves by donating or selling amy I know I will never read again. So far I'm still muscling through my first shelf - the animal Xenofiction shelf (I also only learned this was actually a genre a few weeks ago) and havent really found many on that shelf to get the boot, but there are a few!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I'm mostly just looking forward to the full day snuggled on the couch under a velvet blanket with my dog. Today is the last day before my Spring Semester begins, so it's a great day to spend reading!

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 27 comments Happy reading! If is rainy here too where I am, a perfect day for reading

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Brown (AsaraBaenre) Hours 1-12 Summary:

I motored through Legend of Luke by Brian Jacques, finished that one around hour 4. I'm currently on the home stretch of Outcast of Redwall and hoping to finish Mariel of Redwall before the night is through! I've got two small dogs keeping me company during my reading, both of them Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. One is 14 years old and the other will be 3 next month - they know a good place to settle down when they see one and me covered in a blanket on the couch is apparently a good place!

I'm currently visiting relatives over my in-between-semesters break so both of my parents have been puttering about throughout the day. My snacks have mostly consisted of Doritos and Pepsi, though my brother went out and bought some sugary cereal earlier which looks to be a good later-evening snack!

It's been rainy and hovering around 3-5 degrees Celsius all day, so every so often my dogs get me soaked once they come back in from outside, but otherwise something I consider to be perfect reading weather!

Heading into the second half of the readathon now - here's hoping to getting my second book knocked out and my third well chunked into by the time I must go to bed!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Brown (AsaraBaenre) Mid Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
Outcast of Redwall by Brian Jacques

2. How many books have you read so far?
1.75 (Completed Legend of Luke and 3/4 of the way through Outcast of Redwall)

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I'm looking to finish Outcast and move on to Mariel of Redwall, so I guess you could say Mariel, since I'm hoping against hope to finish that one off too!

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I've had a couple - my grandparents came to visit for a half hour. I am actually home visiting relatives so I simply took the break. After all, I continued to read through lunch and supper so I figured a half-hour wouldn't hurt! Other than that, my family is used to me reading my time away when I am home visiting so no problems!

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Honestly, it's the thought that people may need encouragement to continue reading. When I am home on break, I actually get cramps and muscle pains in my arms from holding the book up so long. I usually read from waking to sleeping the entire visit home, and over Christmas break I shot through about 15 books (in two weeks). I plan on doing the same this summer, so this is just a normal day that will stretch a bit overlong for me. I plan on staying up well into the night as well - tomorrow I am heading back to my university town, and it's an 8-9 hour car ride, so I can sleep then. (And of course the time I'm not sleeping, I will be reading!)

message 5: by Rebecka (new)

Rebecka (Viscum) | 90 comments Here comes some encouragement:) Because you are right , we readers need that during the late hours. How is your first readathon going? I hope you are having fun:)
/Rebecka